[NMCycling] XTERRA Glorieta (TRI the Torture)

Brent Bonwell via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Jun 26 16:55:22 MDT 2014

 From the XTERRA Rule Book:
2. Bike:

2.1. Equipment: Only mountain bikes are legal for competition. Cyclo-cross
bikes are not allowed. No drop handlebars are allowed. No aero bars are
allowed. All bikes must have 26", 27.5" or 29" wheels. Bar extensions or
grips off the handlebars may not exceed five inches(5")
Any/all bar ends must be capped.

Besides, the bike course includes a really nice flow trail section and a
run through their bike park that would be a waste to ride on a CX bike,
but SOOOO much fun on a mtb.

Let me know if anyone out there needs team mate(s) for the race and
we'll do our best to find a match for you.

In light of the prior emails about the Greater ABQ 1/2 marathon, just so
you know:  The XTERRA Tri the Torture is being put on by the same
dedicated group of volunteers that's been putting on the LTT since
2006.  Here's more info about us <http://www.core-crew.com/about>.

It's going to be a LOT of fun.  Bring your family members and friends to
cheer you on.  The water park and other activities will be open after
the race so they can sample some of what the racers will be doing.

For out of towners there's lots of lodging options at the race venue;
tent sites, RV hook ups, primitive cabins and hotel rooms.

Brent