[NMCycling] DragonSlayer classic cancellation notice

Andrew Padilla via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Oct 1 13:00:50 MDT 2015

Bike Racers:

It is with much regret that I must announce the cancellation of the Dragon
Slayer Classic XC race. After much interaction with the local BLM field
office this past year, the permit request was ultimately denied today. The
short story is that a bike race was determined to have a negative impact on
rare plant species endemic to the area. I have a difficult time
comprehending  the rationale that lead to this decision given it's open
usage year round to recreational riders. Nevertheless, it is one I must
accept for now.  There is an option for an appeal. I may pursue this or not
for next year. Not sure at this point.

My apologies to those who already registered. I will be working with USA
cycling to initiate refunds to those who have already registered.

-Andrew Padilla