[NMCycling] New Mexico Cyclocross series 2016-2017

Jeff Huser via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Mar 20 17:50:27 MDT 2016

Happy first day of Spring! Must be time to think about cyclocross.  As the
cx series director for 2016-17, I want to begin the planning process for the
2016-17 season. First off, a big thanks to all of last year's cx race
directors for hosting some great events as well as to  all the racers,
officials, volunteers, sponsors  and others who made it all happen.  We want
to continue to grow cross in NM for this year and I am excited to be a part
of this great sport.

We will be having the first  planning meeting for the cx series, Thursday
April 7,  6-8pm at Sport Systems in ABQ to begin this process.  All
interested cx race directors, potential race directors, racers, officials,
sponsors and  interested others are invited to attend. If you can't make
this date, no worries, we will likely have future meetings and you may also
contact me directly to supply any input into the making of the cx series.

I feel my role as series director will be to act as coordinator and support
for individual race directors, and a liaison between USAC, officials, NMBRA,
sponsors  and others and to assist with creating an organized and cohesive
race series, provide communications and promotion for the series, improve
sponsor support, and  assist with logistics and supplies. We will also be
setting up an executive council of around 5-9 individuals to help move this
process along.  Overall, I hope to help make the series  for racers, fun and
exciting  and for directors, an effective, efficient and financially viable
endeavor.

Please join us on April 7 to get things going or contact me directly. Please
feel free to forward this message to anyone of interest.
Also check out our series website that is in development
www.nmcyclocross.com . Thanks to Marlene Squillaci for the great pics!

Thanks!

Jeff Huser

nmcx at nmcyclocross.com