[NMCycling] Glorietta Bike and Brew THIS WEEKEND

Sam Rynas via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Aug 31 11:25:57 MDT 2018

Lots of fun riding, food, beer this weekend in Glorietta.  If you haven't
ridden there this is a great opportunity to find your way around their
trails.  If you have ridden there you know how awesome the trails are.

https://outsidesantafe.com/

*Saturday is: Hakka Ride - two options A and B.*
Info:

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/santa-fe-haka-mountain-bike-marathon-tickets-48314492949>

  *Saturday, Sept. 1, 8:00am* – Haka: traditional dance of the Māori
people. “We don’t own this place, we belong to it. We are guardians of this
place.”

  No t-shirt, no podium, just bragging rights. The course WILL be something
to brag about. It will be big. It will be in the backcountry on rugged
single track. It will be a quality course if you don’t mind a bit of
hike-a-bike and some downed trees. You will need to use your judgment and
decide which parts of the downhill you should ride and which parts you may
just want to walk.

Two Routes:
  • A (BIG) Loop: ~35 miles, 4500+ vertical feet, mid-pack finish time 5.5
hours.
  • B (not as BIG) Loop: ~16 miles, 3000 vertical feet, mid-pack finish
time 3 hours.

*Sunday: Rowe Mesa Gravel Grinder and "Fun"duro*

Glorieta Gravel Grinder

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glorieta-gravel-grinder-tickets-48315429751>

  *Sunday, Sept. 2, 8:00am* – Rowe Mesa Gravel Grider. This is a
substantial ride, with significant climbs and descents please don’t
underestimate the challenge.

OB&B Funduro <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/obb-funduro-tickets-48505671770>

  *Sunday, Sept. 2, 8:30am* – 3 stages on 3 trails in 1 day. Pedal up, Ride
down, Three times. Are you faster than your friends? Shortest time on
Strava over the weekend wins! The Funduro is designed for “getting your
feet wet” and experiencing what Enduro racing is all about.

Intro to Enduro with Syd and Macky
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intro-to-enduro-with-syd-and-macky-tickets-49012959080>

  *Sunday, Sept. 2, 10:00am* – Take a group ride with Syd Schulz and Macky
Franklin on the OB&B Funduro course. Ride Glorieta’s trails and chat with
two NM local, pro racers who live and race enduro across the world.

If you dont want to ride they are also in need of volunteers still, please
contact Dean Fry if you would like to volunteer!
thedeanfry at gmail.com

--
Samantha Rynas
(252) 269-0957 (C)