[NMCycling] TNCs start 3/26

hawke morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Mar 14 20:40:33 MDT 2019

Dear Critting Bike-racers,

Tuesday Night Crits will start on 3/26. Next Tuesday, 3/19, is a MTB practice, set up by Joe Prinzivalli, info here: https://www.facebook.com/mtbcoach505/

We will alternate road crits with gravel/MTB stuff until late June.

I have a decent course I found at the Balloon Fiesta Park that goes north of our normal course in more or less the area used for the Fiesta Cross, but all on pavement. They have paved some new roads up there.  It has some bumpy bits, but is all paved and has a little hill in it.  I think it is safer than the spring course last year, with that tight cobbled corner, but the pavement is a little bumpier in spots.  I will work on sweeping, as there is some gravel on the new section.  Priority will be on sweeping the corners first so there may be some gravel on the pavement on some of the straight sections, especially on the early races.
The course will also do the out and back we did some last year on West Wind St (the west leg of the NASCAR course) to balance the hillier bumpier sections.  There is a new coursemap up at https://bcdracing.com/cycling/  Schedule is also up through 6/25.

We can start using the normal NASCAR course (or some variation of it) on 6/11, and on most, but not all, Tuesdays thereafter until the end of August. There may be one or two crits in Santa Fe. I will keep this list apprised as to the plans.

Balloon Fiesta Park is keeping our fees cheap so the crits (at least the ones there) there will stay at $10.

Best Regards,

yourstruly at fastmail.com