[Hhsband] Twinkle light parade 12/3/16

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Thu Nov 17 21:18:08 MST 2016

Hi All!

I went to the Twinkle light parade meeting last night. All went well.
Early next week I will be emailed our parade position number. Plan on
official line up time to be around 3, but we can send a couple of reps
to check in and bring the kids closer to 4. Parade starts AT 5:15pm.

I am still working on a pick up spot- but it looks like we may be able
to use UNM lot this year. THAT will make hauling out and back to HHS
very easy. I am still pursuing options. Where ever we pick up at- we
will need to have lots of cars already at pick up area. We need to
arrange to get as many vehicles as we need there and those drivers
hauled back to HHS BEFORE the parade line up time. Need to get a list of
volunteers for that. I will get my truck down there for
percussion-tubas, need one more truck-van for instruments- then the rest
to drive kids with their instruments back up to HHS. In past years we
have had to make two trips to get all the kids back to HHS. It would be
nice not to have to do this- but if we get UNM- 2 or even 3 trips would
be real easy and quick.

I think we can serve supper around 130-2. That would leave plenty of
time to eat and then get the kids lighted up without any rush. The meal
is all planned and taken care of- but we could use drinks- long day so
some sodas-juices for meal, and maybe a hot beverage as they head out to
line up, tea, cocoa, etc. We can get the 16oz hot cups and lids at Sams
cheap. I will need a head count of kids-adults that will be eating. I
want to have plenty- but not too plenty(lol).

How is the lights situation? We need EVERYONE in the parade to TWINKLE
and SHINE!!
NEW this year- REAL PRIZES!! Class prizes are now $100 and there are a
couple of $1000 awards to be had. To get any of it- we GOTTA TWINKLE and
BRING ALL the SPIRIT and ENTHUSIASM we can muster!! We need to really
get excited and SHOW IT!!

Hand outs- we can HAND OUT anything we want, candy, cards, flyers, etc.
But NO throwing of ANYTHING. Any entry caught THROWING candy-other items
will be disqualified and/or more.

ADULTS- we can use lots of adults in the parade as well. Give out stuff,
yell and root on the crowds and our kids, be there for any
emergency-issue, and a few to bring up the rear and make sure our kids
did not drop something. ALL adults must TWINKLE!! EVERYONE must
TWINKLE!! Drivers should/could be in parade, then they will be right
there to drive back.

ALSO- The Twinkle Light Parade is growing- and not just locally!! Spread
the word and VOTE for ALBUQUERQUE!! It's easy- you can vote once a day
from each of your devices. Just click and VOTE!!

We are pleased to announce that the Twinkle Light Parade has been
nominated as one of the best holiday parades in the country, on USA
Today’s 10Best competitions. We need your help to show the country that
your parade is the best by voting. Please be sure to vote at the link
below and share the link and attached logo on social media with your
friends and family. You are able to vote once a day, every day until
December 5 on all your devices. We are currently ranked 3 out of 20!
Vote - Twinkle Light Parade - Best Holiday Parade Nominee: 2016 10Best
Readers' Choice Travel Awards
<http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-holiday-parade/twinkle-light-parade-albuquerque/>

    Vote - Twinkle Light Parade - Best Holiday Parade Nominee: 2016
    10Best Rea...

Twinkle Light Parade: Vote for Your Favorite Holiday Parade!!

<http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-holiday-parade/twinkle-light-parade-albuquerque/>

I did not send this to EVERYONE!! PLEASE forward on all useful info to
those not in this email.

That's it for now. MORE soon.

Thank you,
Mike Goodrich