[Hhsband] Jim’s Automotive and the Highland High School Marching Band—A Love Story!

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Tue Aug 15 05:47:55 MDT 2017

Jim’s Automotive and the Highland High School Marching Band—A Love Story!

A word about our community and a local business that steps up every
time.We parents of the Highland High School Band kids are very proud of
the fantastic Hornet band but what with APS budget cuts, the theft of
our band truck, and regular ongoing band expenses…….we are always in
fundraising mode.Jim at Jim’s Automotive, on Washington and Lead, has
stepped up every time we have asked to do a car wash at his corner.Not
only does he give us permission but he shows up with a couple of easy
ups, giant car wash signs (that he must have purchased for us) and two
of those inflatable wacky waving tube men.He does this all on his day
off.Talk about a community oriented man.We’ve raised about $4,000 at
Jim’s car washes in the last 12 months or so and that pays for a lot of
buses to take kids to football games, a lot of instrument repair, a lot
of music and much more.Thank you Jim!And by the way, this band mom has
taken her cars to Jim’s for many years and they are fair and honest and
talented.

Dawn Graber