[Hhsband] Notes from Band Booster meeting 8/17/17

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Tue Aug 22 19:56:25 MDT 2017

Here are the notes from our last Band Boosters meeting, August 17:
March-A-Thon is coming up on Saturday Aug, 26. Here are the particulars:

Band kids will be flyering the route and letting the community know
about March-A-Thon on Wednesday and Thursday. 2:30-5:00

Please let all your friends, family, social contacts know about the
March-A-Thon (flyer attached to email)

Mike Goodrich is making sure that all of the permits for the march are
in place (Thanks Mike for all your work on this)

Saturday morning.  Band meets at Ridgecrest Park at 8:30 (see map in flyer)
Bagels for breakfast there for the band.
Warm up
Step off at 9:30.  We need parents to walk along with the band, handing
out waters to the band and collecting donations from the neighborhood folks.
Back at the park around 12:00. Lunch for band students and the parents
that came along from Pizza 9.

For the March,  Mike Goodrich will bring drinks and spray bottles.  Dawn
Graber will wash out water bottles.

Other news:
-Band Truck is at body shop currently.   Don't know when it will be
done.  Have a very small truck in the meantime.  May need to rent a
U-Haul for Valencia Show in October.

-Mary Scofield started a GoFundMe to pay for equipment/costumes for
marching season.  Please also let your friends and family know about this:
https://www.gofundme.com/xats8u-color-guard-uniforms-and-equipment

Another Fundraiser is on September 16 at Applebees Restaurant on Gibson
and University.  Ms. G will handing out tickets for students to sell for
$8 each. Remember every ticket sold will go to cover band costs.

We are having a lot of fundraisers because we need to repair our stolen
band truck, money for transportation was cut and 2 buses( which we need)
  cost $400/game and we will be going to 5 games, uniforms and sets for
the marching show. Also, we want to send the band on another band trip
this spring so......need to raise lots of money.

Denise Tomlin and Melicia are coordinators of Pageant of Bands gave an
update.  Parents will need to cover 18 shifts for this event.  We also
need to pre-sell tickets to POB.  $10/ticket.  Denise and Melecia will
have the tickets at our next booster mtg. Middle school and younger kids
get in free. If you want to buy patches for your kids, you can get them
at the POB website; http://www.nmpob.org. They will also have a sign up
for parent volunteers at this time.

Next meeting;  August 1st.  Please all come.  We had a great showing
this past Thursday--some new parents  YAY.

Submitted by Dawn Graber

confirm db9a972374584867ed1ad86a4f660adc76f66724.eml