[Hhsband] concert this week

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Sun Feb 19 16:53:33 MST 2017

Good afternoon -

The HHS Jazz band played on Saturday at the jazz festival and they
sounded awesome.  After their performance one of the judges spent time
with them. I believe he was a little shocked when he found out that the
majority of the performers are sophomores and freshman and that only one
student takes private lessons. He was very impressed with their tones
and sound and with Ms G, being an oboe player....  Something we all know
first hand.

The Concert Band has its Pre-MPA concert this Wednesday at Highland PAC,
concert starts at 6pm.  The Highland Band also invites the Middle school
feeder schools to also perform their MPA music. Ms. G has several guest
judges to give the bands feedback that is intended to help refine their
performances for the MAP, which is on March 14th.

Although there is no real work for the Boosters at this concert, I would
love to have you there to welcome middle school parents and encourage
them to bring their students to Highland. I would also like to have you
welcome our current parents and encourage them to get involved in the
booster group.

On March 14th we will need to transport 55 students from Highland to
Volcano Vista high school after school and back probably around 6 or
7pm. We will also need a truck to move tubas and baritones. Percussion
equipment is supplied by Volcano Vista.

Please send an email to me at *maryscof at scofie.net *to indicate if you
can help and how many students you can transport. If you can help
transport students, but haven't helped before, we will need to look at
your driver's license, car insurance and you will need to do a volunteer
background check through APS' website, here is the link:
https://hrd.aps.edu/workspace/ we will also need to look at the
notification you received after the background check is done.

The boosters will be arranging dinner for the students at Volcana Vista.