[Hhsband] Upcoming Fundraisers

Gonzales, Josephine josephine.gonzales at aps.edu
Mon Mar 4 13:32:21 MST 2019

Hello Hornet Band Fam,

First and foremost I would like to celebrate our successful jazz and concert band performances over the last few weeks. At the ABQ/UNM Jazz fest our jazz band received straight superior ratings and last week at the District VII Music Performance Assessment our concert band received straight superior ratings as well! These were excellent performances put on by our excellent students and we are very proud of them!

I would like to let you know of a few fundraisers we will be running this month. First, next week on Tuesday and Thursday (3/12 and 3/14) anyone who eats at the California Pizza Kitchen and notifies your server about the band 20% of your check will be donated to the band. Please help us spread the word! I've attached a flyer you can re-post as much as you would like.

Additionally, we are doing our yearly brochure fundraiser for the kids which will be passed out in class tomorrow. As in the past, we ask that every student attempt to sell at least 1 item. Additionally, students requesting a scholarship for their band fees are expected to participate in our fundraisers and in the past many have been able to raise all of their money with this one fundraiser alone! We will collect orders the week after spring break.

Have a fantastic spring break, eat some pizza, and have a safe and fun time. Go Hornets!

Josephine Gonzales
Director of Bands<http://highlandhighband.wordpress.com/>, Highland High School
(505) 400-4399
District VII High School Band VP
HHS Fine Arts Department Chair
New Mexico Music Educators Association, member