[Hhsband] HHS Band Update: August

Josephine Gonzales josephine.gonzales at aps.edu
Thu Aug 10 15:12:54 MDT 2023

Happy August, everyone!

First of all, I want to express how happy I am with how our year has
started off so far. We are working hard to get ready for a busy next few
weeks and I am so excited to get the ball rolling on a new school year.
Please read below for all of the upcoming events and needs we have over the
next few weeks. August through October are busy times!

*We need help with Football Games and Marching Events.* If you are able to
sign up to help chaperone (ride the bus, hand out water) and/or load the
band truck we would be hugely appreciative. You can sign up for any of
these events by clicking here.
<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d4aa9af2fa6fe3-hornet1#/>

*We need a few people to help carpool for our March-A-Thon flyering. *We
will be flyering around the neighborhood to promote our huge yearly
fundraiser March-A-Thon. We need 4-5 drivers on Thursday, August 24th. Meet
in the band room around 3:45 and we should be done in an hour. Please
respond to this email if you can help and let me know how many kids you can
fit in your car.

*We are looking for people to bring fruit and/or bagel toppings for
March-A-Thon.* On Saturday 8/26 the boosters will be providing drinks and
bagels for breakfast for everyone. We would love it if a few people could
bring some fruit (cups or pre-cut items) and bagel toppings for the day. If
you are able to help, please respond to this email.

*Upcoming events for August:*
Tuesday rehearsals - 8/8, 8/15, 8/22, 8/29 from 5-7p at the PAC
8/12 - Car wash 11a-2p @ Jim's Automotive
8/19 - Football Game 11:30am report to PAC, Game starts at 1pm at Milne
Stadium
8/24 - Flyering @3:45 meeting in the band room. Lettering points for
students. Adult carpoolers needed (see above).
8/26 March-A-Thon parade. Report at 8:30, parade over around 11:30-12.
Breakfast and lunch provided (looking for fruit and bagel toppings, see
above)

*Things coming up next month:*
Tuesday rehearsals - 9/5, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26 from 5-7p at the PAC
9/7 Football Game - Report at 5:45 to PAC, Game starts at 7pm at Milne
Stadium
9/15 Football Game - Report at 5:45 to PAC, Game starts at 7pm at Milne
Stadium
9/23 Football Game - Report at 11:30am to PAC, Game starts at 1pm at Milne
Stadium
9/29 Football Game- Report at 5:45 to PAC, Game starts at 7pm at Milne
Stadium

*We look forward to seeing you throughout the season. If at any time you
have any questions, please feel free to reach out. I look forward to seeing
you all around!*

Josephine Gonzales
(she/her/hers)
Director of Bands <https://sites.google.com/aps.edu/hhs-band/home>,
Highland High School
(505) 400-4399
NMMEA District VII High School Band Vice President
Director, Albuquerque Youth Symphony Junior Band

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and attached documents may contain
confidential information. All information is intended only for the use of
the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient, you are not
authorized to read, disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in
reliance on the information and any action other than immediate delivery to
the named recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, do not read the information and please immediately notify sender
by phone.