[Neighbors] This Thursday....Crime and Security

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 6 09:15:51 MST 2017

Here's your chance to help move the dial on security and crime.

Let's have a good turnout from Nob Hill and see some improvements.
Questions: Gary 991-1388

When: February 9, 6:00-8:00 pm Where: Wilson Middle School - Library - 1138
Cardenas SE

 The Agenda:

6:00-6:15 Introductions

6:15-7:00 Discussion Groups

7:00-7:30 Report out of ideas from different tables

7:30-8:00 Mingle

Sara Mancini & Vanessa Baca from Council Neighborhood Services / Office of
Neighborhood Coordination will help facilitate the meeting. Sean Foran from
Councilor Davis' office, Laura Kuehn from APD's SE Substation (Crime
Prevention/Crime Free Programs), Steve Sink with Neighborhood Watch and
Andrew DeGarmo, Planner, will also be in attendance.

We will break into discussion groups where individuals can come together to
create solutions and ideas for residents, businesses, APD as well as the
City so we may address our concerns surrounding crime & safety in our
communities.

Table 1: Neighborhood Watch programs - how can you create and grow a
neighborhood watch program for your block?

Table 2: Addressing home security & safety - what steps can you take to make
your house safer?

Table 3: Addressing business security & safety - what steps can you take to
make your business safer?

Table 4: Neighborhood multimodal security & safety - how can we improve
safety for pedestrians, cyclists & bus passengers?

Just added, Table 5: Liquor laws, zoning

In our three meetings we've had thus far, the residents and business owners
in attendance made their grievances heard. We received helpful information
from City Council members, APD, and representatives from the Safe City
Strike Force.

It is now time to get to work. Hope to see you there. Flyer is attached -
please feel free to spread the word!

Best, Melinda Frame Resident, Parkland Hills