[Neighbors] Request for Liquor License Transfer, A-1117977, SW Convenience Stores, LLC, dba 7 Eleven Store 5771, 3801 Central NE

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Jun 3 10:53:19 MDT 2019

Good morning, Sandra,

Please confirm successful receipt of this letter.

For neighbors who wish to attend this hearing, it is advertised at
<https://www.cabq.gov/council/documents/notice-of-public-liquor-hearing-june
-7-2019.pdf>
https://www.cabq.gov/council/documents/notice-of-public-liquor-hearing-june-
7-2019.pdf

Kind regards,

Gary Eyster

President, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association

(505)991-1388

 <mailto:meyster1 at me.com> meyster1 at me.com

Steven M. Chavez, Esq., Liquor Hearing Officer, City of Albuquerque

By email to: Sandra M. Chavez, Coordinator  <mailto:smchavez at cabq.gov>
smchavez at cabq.gov

Dear Mr. Chavez,

Our community suffers tremendously from poor management practices at this
site. Members of our community have observed liquor sales to intoxicated
individuals. Individuals congregate near the store, presumably because they
expect that they will be served. After purchasing alcohol, individuals often
walk to adjacent residential areas and church grounds, consume it, and spend
the next several hours intoxicated there.

The APD call summary from 1/1/2018 to 5/9/2019 for the address, which is
attached, comprises 51 pages averaging 12 calls per page or roughly 37 calls
per month. This creates an unbalanced demand on law enforcement resources
and poses a threat to the safety of residents, business people, and
customers and impedes redevelopment of the area. This license holder's
business is clearly a nuisance.

On May 13, 2019 our board of directors voted 8-0 in opposition to this
request. We expect that the new and old entities are connected by ownership
and management practices will continue to injure the community. We hope that
the transfer is not perfunctory and we wish for our arguments to be entered
into the permanent record.

Respectfully yours,