[Neighbors] Reminder Tomorrow: May 30th District 6 Coalition Annual Meeting Notice: OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Gina Naomi Dennis via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed May 29 15:40:47 MDT 2019

Reminder Notice:

Annual Meeting & Potluck

District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Thursday, May 30, 2019

6:00pm - 8:00pm

Loma Linda Community Center

1700 Yale Blvd. SE

Albuquerque, NM 87106

Map and Directions
<https://www.google.com/maps/dir//loma+linda+community+center/data=!4m6!4m5!1m1!4e2!1m2!1m1!1s0x87220b78f9037279:0x4e8b6b584655e02?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCv6-nxKviAhUCH6wKHdTeAYoQ9RcwDHoECAwQDg>

Surface parking

THE MARCH 2019 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE AVAILABLE THIS WEEK.

THIS ANNUAL MEETING IS FOCUSED ON OUR ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AND OUR
NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP. THE CONFIRMED MEETING AGENDA IS
PRESENTED HERE:

1. Welcome & Introductions

2. Approval of Minutes

3. Albuquerque Garbage Transfer Station

We will discuss the City's Garbage Transfer Station, including the Victory
Hills Neighborhood.

4. Treasurer's Report and Annual Dues

We will begin to collect Annual Dues for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. Dues
range from $1 to $25, based on the amount that each Neighborhood
Association can afford.

5. Officer Elections, Move to September 2019

Our District 6 Coalition President, Gina Naomi Dennis, will be engaging in
another role of public service. Our Neighborhoods need time to decide our
new Coalition leadership team and to make the best choice. We'll need a
Motion to move the Officer elections to September, and in September we'll
elect a new Coalition President and we'll also elect the Vice President,
Treasurer, and Secretary.  Our next President needs to be someone who has
regularly attended Coalition meetings or has the capacity to do so. Gina
worked 20 to 25 hours each week as the President during the last two years.
We don't expect our new President to duplicate Gina's high work level, but
we should expect a relatively high capacity. Our Officer elections are for,
with, and by our Neighborhood Associations without government influence. A
copy of our Bylaws will be available at our Meetings now through September.

6. The District 6 Coalition: Becoming a 501(c)(3) non-profit

Our District 6 Coalition has the ability to become a non-profit. We may
want to do a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats)
analysis on this. Non-profit status could create an opportunity for the
District 6 Coalition to receive grant funding.

7. President's Report

Public Safety, Community Safety

We will discuss views about Public Safety and the State Police, the County
Sheriff, and APD.

Lighting in our Neighborhoods, regarding poor lighting in some of our
neighborhoods

We will discuss status updates on the $95,000. We will also discuss the
District 6 Coalition's Citizen Capital Outlay requests of $1,500,000 and
(1) the absence of City lighting infrastructure in some areas, the black
holes, and the absence of mid-block lighting (which could be addressed via
capital outlay in the future) and (2) how that differs from PNM's
retrofit/upgrade project, which is a wonderful project that has commenced.

Lead Avenue and Coal Avenue: Public Safety and Public Health

We will discuss our Coalition support of the Lead-Coal Task Force,
involving the City, the University Heights Neighborhood, the Nob Hill
Neighborhood, and others.

*Homelessness in Parks and Streets: Public Health and **Public Safety*

We will discuss the implementation of the Coalition's 3-stage strategy to
resolve issues such as homelessness and needles (i.e., drug use), including
the underlying issues of addiction and mental health. These issues impact
the Public Health and the Public Safety of our community, our children, and
our families. In addition, the growing homelessness and drug use in our
Parks has become a systemic problem that has evolved into more than just a
"Park" issue and has also become a Community-Wide "People" issue.

Emerson Elementary School

We will discuss our Coalition support to address the needs of Emerson
Elementary School.

Whittier Elementary and Hawthorne Elementary Schools

We will also discuss our Coalition Schools Support Letter that we sent to
PED on July 5, 2018. APS Representatives and School Staff will provide a
status update and answer questions.

Vacant and Abandoned Properties

We will discuss our confirmed Coalition support to address Vacant and
Abandoned Properties (VAAP) in our neighborhoods, including the La Mesa
Neighborhood and other Neighborhoods. We will discuss our progress towards
(1) drafting the Memorandum Of Understanding with (Scott Hughes) UNM
Geospatial and Population Studies for data access and community training
regarding the identification of VAAP, as well as our confirmed Coalition
support for (Scott) UNM's grant (funding) application and (2) our strong
relationship with (Elena Gonzales) Homewise regarding the title and
ownership records of VAAP and property rehabs.

Trumbull Village Neighborhood Compassion Center

We will discuss the status of the Compassion Services Center in the
Trumbull Neighborhood, to serve the people experiencing homelessness there.

Gibson Bypass: Public Safety and Public Health

We will discuss our Coalition support for the Gibson Bypass.

8. Neighborhood Association Concerns

9. Community Input & Announcements, including ONC

Gina Naomi Dennis, President

District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

17 Neighborhoods

www.district6coalition.com

Yours in Democracy,
Gina Naomi Dennis