[Neighbors] YWU Family Pride Celebration Event Saturday June 8th

Victoria Torres via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri May 31 15:30:09 MDT 2019

Good afternoon,

Young Women United will celebrate its annual Family Pride Celebration next
weekend. We wanted to let all surrounding neighbors know what it the
schedule in their neighbor next Saturday, June 8th at Morningside Park 299
Morningside SE off Lead and Coal from 8:30-4. There will be an increase in
traffic by foot & vehicle, a PA system, and live music. We welcome you to
this free event. More information listed below.

Thank you

Join Young Women United for the 8th annual Family Pride Celebration!
The celebration is FREE, and features music, dancing, family-friendly
activities, face painting, henna, games, and more. Folks are welcome to
bring your own food or purchase something from local food trucks.
We are excited to have local musicians Lasotras
<https://www.facebook.com/lasotrasNM/>, Racine Kreyol Cultural Arts
<https://www.facebook.com/rkculturalarts/> , and Weather Band
<https://www.facebook.com/505weather/> play for us this year!
Young Women United acknowledges people and families of all kinds. Come by
yourself, with a friend, with a tia/o/x--whoever makes you feel like
celebrating! Open to people of all ages, genders, and orientations.
Alcohol Free Event*
Organizations and community groups are welcome to table if you are able to
provide a free game/activity. If your organization is interested in
tabling, please send an inquiry to vtorres at youngwomenunited.org.
*Young Women United acknowledges that LGBTQ2S+ people have complex and
varied histories with substance use, including alcohol. For some people in
our communities, substance use has been accessible when other ways of
addressing trauma in our lives have not. As the larger ABQ Pride is a space
where some forms of substance use are permissible and prominent, we’d like
Family Pride to be an alcohol-free space for our community members,
especially for those in recovery. No judgment any which way, and we respect
many ways that our communities celebrate themselves.

Please, share with everyone in your network!

Link to YWU's events page https://www.facebook.com/events/870464326630325/

Parking and Loading Instructions:

PARKING

   -

   The Pride Parade starts at 10 am on Central Ave. This means many people
   will be trying to park around this park starting at 9 am. *Please
   provide yourself enough time to park and be ready for your activity.*
   -

   Please park along Morningside Ariote Ave, or Aliso south of the park or
   north of the park.
   -

   Please do not park where food truck will be parking. Or across the
   street from the park on the west side. (dark green rectangle on West side
   of the park).
   -

   The food truck Please only park your food truck in the designated space,
   extra cars should be parked in another area.

   -

   area with cones for anyone loading during the event. Unloading before the
   event is easier than during the event.

Victoria Torres
Programs Assistant
Young Women United