[Neighbors] Getting Back To Work

Peter Katel katel.peter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 07:37:40 MDT 2020

I don't know what New Mexico and NM cities are doing to plan for a return
to some kind of normal. The state is dealing with a growth in the number of
cases. I suspect that dealing with that upward trend is the priority.

I do know that Cuomo's mask order was not, except in the most general way,
a step toward that return. Here is what Cuomo said yesterday, as he was
announcing the order:

And Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York reiterated his call for federal
assistance to ramp up testing, both for the virus and for antibodies.

“The more testing, the more open the economy. But there’s not enough
national capacity to do this,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said at his daily
briefing in Albany. “We can’t do it yet. That is the unvarnished truth.”

As the governor spoke, a PowerPoint slide behind him said, “WE NEED FEDERAL
SUPPORT.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/us/coronavirus-testing-trump.html

Peter Katel
Peter Katel