[Neighbors] Book Study; "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn

Rev. Dr. Dawn Rosignol revdawn at montevista.org
Fri Aug 7 15:02:55 MDT 2020

In seeking meaningful ways to be church and connect people together in this
time of prolonged pandemic, MVCC will be offering a variety of online
opportunities for all ages, including this virtual book study for adults:
“A People’s History of the United States”. It will be led by educators and
a history buff in our congregation, on Zoom on *Sundays at 3:00pm beginning
August 23rd*. Order your book today - provided in print, electronic, or
audio format from a variety of retailers and start reading!

This book tells us facts about our history that aren’t covered in public
school history classes, including the marginalized people left out of the
history books. We’ll cover a couple of chapters each week and record the
Zoom sessions for those who miss a week or would just like to hear it
later. In order to provide for a well-rounded experience, this study will
involve 3 parts: reading the chapters, listening to a lecture posted to a
playlist on our VistaStream YouTube channel (www.montevista.org/vistastream)
the Wednesday prior to each Sunday's Zoom, and participating in the Sunday
Zoom discussions. Make plans now and invite your friends and neighbors to
join in for this important study and conversation. If you’re wanting to
participate, contact Rev. Dawn (revdawn at montevista.org) for more
information and to obtain the Zoom link.

Blessings,Rev. Dawn

*Rev. Dr. Dawn Rosignol, DMin, MDiv, MTS - Senior Minister*

*pronouns: she/her/hers*

*Monte Vista Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)*

*3501 Campus Blvd. NE Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106 (505) 268-3365  *
revdawn at montevista.org  montevista.org <http://montevista.org/>  *  An Open
& Affirming Congregation Where Heart & Intellect Intersect with Christ*