[Neighbors] 7-11 Store at Solano and Central to Limit Alcohol Sales

vaneldredge via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 3 21:22:49 MST 2020

Gary and board, Thank you all for your ongoing efforts to help make Nob hill the best place in Albuquerque to live, work and play. Moving forward now as an Association what recourse do you feel we have when the "public nuisance " is a publicly owned facility? The parks and open space areas in our neighborhood which are owned by the city continue to suffer from all the same ills as those highlighted in this agreement. Morningside park and Wellesley park are ongoing locations with high incidents of criminal activity.  Theft, vandalism, assaults, narcotics trafficking and human trafficking occur there on a daily basis.  Battan memorial park while not technically in Nob Hill but immediately adjacent to us and therefore impacting our quality of life is an example of the same thing. Phone calls to 242-COPS, 311 and 911 result in delayed responses if any at all. Emails to Mayor Keller and Councilor Davis regarding the concerns are largely ignored. Families and school children are afraid to go anymore. Three years ago the weekly growers market had a dozen or more vendors, local businesses, selling their wares. By the end of last summer we were down to only 3 or 4 each week the others having suffered from too much stealing of their product and criminal damage to their vehicles and booths as well as low sales.  The city administrators have rightly chosen to hold a local business accountable for the problems in their store. How can we begin to hold these same administrators responsible for the crime on their property?  I appreciate your listening to my concerns. Van Eldredge Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Melodie and Gary Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> Date: 2/1/20  3:53 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: Neighbors Nob Hill <neighbors at nobhill-nm.com> Cc: 'TheBoard NobHill-NM' <theboard at nobhill-nm.com> Subject: [Neighbors] 7-11 Store at Solano and Central to Limit Alcohol Sales Fellow Nob Hilleños, On January 27, 2020 Mayor Tim Keller announced an agreement with the owner of the 7-11 store at Solano and Central to take steps to reduce the public nuisance the store causes to the nearby area. The agreement follows years of complaints from the Nob Hill Neighborhood Association and its members which culminated in a declaration of public nuisance by ABQ City Council when it passed a bill offered by Councilor Pat Davis. You can help assure that the store’s owner keeps up the agreement. See details at http://www.nobhill-nm.com/2020/02/7-11-store-at-solano-and-central-limits-alcohol-sale/ #Viva Nob Hill,Gary EysterPresident, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association(505)991-1388meyster1 at me.com