[Neighbors] Santana Apartments, Statement of Position, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association

Melodie and Gary Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Feb 27 09:53:29 MST 2020

Nob Hill Neighborhood Association, Inc.

PO Box 4875, Albuquerque, NM 87196
TheBoard at NobHill-NM.com <mailto:TheBoard at NobHill-NM.com>

February 26, 2020

Mayor Keller and Council President Davis,

Council recently approved a workforce housing fund grant for the proposed
Santana apartment project. Yesterday our association held a special meeting
of the membership at which a quorum was present and adopted this statement
of position.

We have participated in two facilitated meetings with Thomas Development. In
many instances their responses to the meeting minutes have not addressed our
input or have been vague, leaving us with unanswered questions and grave
concerns about the eventual safe successful operation of the project.

The workforce housing grant contains conditions. We ask CABQ to regularly
publish status of compliance with those conditions and conditions of any
other public financing instruments and notify adjoining neighborhood
associations and coalitions of findings.

Because this is the third large apartment project in a 5 block area we urge
Planning to require a comprehensive traffic study, to make the findings
public, and to carefully scrutinize them to avoid serious negative impacts.

CPO-8 requires neighborhood edge protection; 3-4(I)(4)(c) Neighborhood
Edges

2. For properties fronting the south side of Copper Avenue between
Graceland Drive and San Mateo Boulevard, the maximum building height shall
be as follows: a. For any portion of a building within 50 feet from the
property line abutting Copper Avenue: 45 feet.  We note that this refers to
maximum building height for the northerly 50 feet of the project site.

We support locating the leasing office, business center, and other ground
floor amenities on Central Ave. CPO-8 requires that ground floor facades
facing Central Ave. appear as shop fronts, have minimum glazing, openings
every 40 ft., façade change every 40 ft. and others. We would expect
Planning to scrutinize the project submittal closely in these respects.

With serious concern,

(signed)

The Board of Directors

By Gary Eyster, President