[Neighbors] 4200 Central SE, Transfer of liquor license; Statement of Position, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association

Gary and Melodie Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Sun Jul 5 12:44:49 MDT 2020

Nob Hill Neighborhood Association, Inc.

PO Box 4875, Albuquerque, NM 87196
TheBoard at NobHill-NM.com

July 5, 2020

Steven M. Chavez, Esq.

Liquor Hearing Officer

by email: donna at cabq.gov <mailto:donna at cabq.gov>

(Ms. Montoya, please confirm receipt)

Liquor License/Application 4200 Central SE

Dear Mr. Chavez,

On July 3 our board of directors voted 6 in support of and  0 in opposition
to the referenced application. The board noted its support of our diverse
community and business people taking a chance on Nob Hill.

We were also guided by discussion on our email list of over 300 individuals
in which 18 of the 19 comments were in support. Below are synopses of all 19
comments.

Kind regards,

Gary Eyster, President

Statements in Support

-Adding one more place with an established history of not being disruptive
to their local neighborhood and that brings a genuinely supportive clientele
to the neighborhood can only be a bonus.

-This will be such a great addition to our neighborhood. We should be proud
they chose the Nob Hill area, and welcome them with open arms.

-One perk of having a popular business open and flourishing (rather than an
empty building "for lease") is having eyes on the street. I would much
rather walk on Central knowing that there are others around.

-Empty buildings are hot spots for crime, homelessness and vandalism. I
would prefer to have local owners who will work with us on issues as opposed
to a vacant building

-I fully support Sidewinders new location in our Nob Hill neighborhood

-Sounds like more of a positive than negative at this point.

-What an honor to have Sidewinders move to Nob Hill, especially in the old
Martini Grill space.

-Thanks for choosing nob hill and good luck with your business.

-We favor the application.

-We support their application. It's great to get that large building
occupied again- especially with a known and liked tenant.

-'Aye' from me.

-I am in support of this business and also feel that we have too many vacant
buildings in the area

-I am on board!

-I went to Sidewinders a couple times for events and would enjoy them more
if they were located in Nob Hill.  The LBGTQ+ community is well loved in our
community and they/we deserve a classy location where they/we feel welcome
and affirmed.

-We wholeheartedly support the application.

-This information is very helpful and welcome! Not like "the problem" club
at all. Thanks for the detailed update!

-I support

-I believe they will be an asset to the neighborhood and them being there
will help make that part of Central safer and more friendly.

Statement in opposition: I do not support. I do not think we need another
nightclub in our neighborhood.