[Neighbors] Nob Hill Neighborhood Association is dedicated to supporting the black community and helping create a better Albuquerque

Gary and Melodie Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Fri Jun 5 21:03:00 MDT 2020

We know that as a neighborhood and community some values are fundamental to
our very being. It is

evidently true that we are one family in Nob Hill. Together we are committed
to the principles of

equality, justice, and love for our neighbors. At this time we express our
support for the black

community of our city.

Let it be known that we abhor and denounce the violence and abuse of power
captured on camera in

Minneapolis when George Floyd was denied the very source of his life, the
air he breathed.

Let it be known that we are the exact opposite of a neighborhood where a man
jogging the streets would be

harassed and shot to death because of the color of his skin, as Ahmaud
Arbery was in Brunswick,

Georgia.

Let it be known that we will not tolerate the institutionalized lawlessness
that led to the blind-fire

death of Breonna Taylor, a first-responder who was shot dead in her own home
in Louisville. These acts

of violence break our hearts.

Let it be known that we share the righteous anger of Americans who have
taken to the streets of our great

country this week to express their conviction that these kinds of incidents
must stop. These aberrations of

human decency stem from a dark current of racism that has corrosively been a
part of our nation's

history.

Let it be known that we support vigorous oversight of police conduct and
accountability for

officers who abuse their power or commit violence against our citizens.

Let it be known that we celebrate and advocate the good acts of community
policing and the personal police-neighbor

relationships that keep us safe. Let these horrifying incidents not just be
the latest in a long stream, let

them be the last.

It is in this spirit that we express our conviction that people of all
colors, races, religions, identities, and

creeds are welcome in our community.

Let it be known that Nob Hill not only welcomes and protects diversity, but
celebrates it. We are diversity. It is in the very weave of the fabric of
our being.

Our core identity grows from the mix of our residents and business owners
who come from every corner of the world, and every walk of life.

Let it be known we have poured our time, hearts, souls, dreams, and savings
into our small shops,

restaurants, and homes in an effort to build our community. Our deepest hope
is that protests help our

city and nation to grow, and that they can bring the systemic change we need
without destroying what we

love about our diverse neighborhood. There are so many reasons our local
businesses are already in

danger and it breaks our hearts to see looting and destruction hurt families
who are working hard

to make their communities a better place.

The Nob Hill Neighborhood Association is dedicated to supporting our black
community and helping create a better Albuquerque where the uniqueness and
multi-cultural vibrancy of our neighborhood's restaurants and small
businesses flourish, and where all members of our diverse community are
valued.

As one family we stand together working to make this reality.