[Neighbors] Information for Neighborhoods, How Nob Hill Can Work Together

vaneldredge vaneldredge at comcast.net
Mon Mar 30 16:35:07 MDT 2020

The Governor of NM did not include bicycle maintenance shops on her list of essential businesses. This has forced the closure of the bike shops in our neighborhood. Many people in Nob Hill use bikes as commuter transportation and are employed in essential jobs. As a retiree on a fixed income I choose to cycle to Nob hill restaurants for carry out, to the grocery store and to the pharmacy. Please join me and other cyclists in contacting the Govenor and urging her to modify this directive.Thank you, VanSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Gary and Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> Date: 3/30/20  12:53 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: neighbors at nobhill-nm.com Subject: [Neighbors] Information for Neighborhoods, How Nob Hill Can Work Together Nob Hill Friends and Neighbors. I don’t know who all gets the item below but it contains information that many could find useful so I am getting it out to the neighbors email list. If you have ideas about how we can help our neighbors and area businesses please reply to all. #VivaNobHillGary EysterPresident, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association(505)991-1388meyster1 at me.com   From: Vanessa Baca, Neighborhood Communication Liaison, ONC [mailto:vanessabaca at cabq.gov] Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 10:27 AMTo: meyster1 at me.comSubject: Weekly E-News View this email in your browserMonday, March 30, 2020Weekly E-NewsImportant Websites and Telephone Numbers to Use While Social DistancingDon't forget that there are many online and telephone resources for you to use during this time of social distancing. Below is a listing of resources for you and your family during this stressful time:If you are displaying symptoms, contact the New Mexico Department of Health at 855-600-3453Childcare, food, etc: https://www.newmexicokids.org/, https://www.nmwic.org/, https://www.aps.edu/news/coronavirus/aps-identifies-schools-for-student-meal-pick-upsIf you are in an unsafe environment due to domestic violence, contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)To get information on Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, visit https://www.albuquerqueaa.org/wondering-about-the-coronavirus-and-aa-meetings/ or contact 505-266-1900The New Mexico Crisis and Access Line has counselors available 24/7 to speak at 855-662-7474.The Department of Senior Affairs can be reached at 505-764-6400. A full list of resources available for seniors can found at https://www.cabq.gov/news/coronavirus-impacts-on-city-servicesThe Child Abuse Hotline can be reached at 505-841-6100.For Adult Protective Services, contact 505-476-4912.The Agora Center is available at 505-277-3013 Supplies Needed for Senior Citizens in Albuquerque The City's Department of Senior Affairs is conducting a donation drive to help get needed items to homebound seniors. Those items include paper towels, laundry soap, dish soap, shampoo/conditioner, body soap, lotion, hand sanitizer, pet food, personal hygiene products, snacks (low-sodium/sugar-free), shelf-stable food, adult briefs, toilet paper, cleaning supplies and deodorant. They can be dropped off at the following locations:Department of Senior Affairs Social Services Offices, 1620 1st NWJeffery Russell Memorial Substation, 12800 Lomas NEJohn Carrillo Memorial Substation, 8201 Osuna NEMichael King and Richard Smith Memorial Substation, 10401 Cibola Loop NWPhil Chacon Memorial Substation, 800 Louisiana SEShawn McWethy Memorial Substation, 6404 Los Volcanes NWGerald Cline Memorial Substation, 5408 2nd NWSeniors 60 and over who live in Bernalillo County and have questions about what services they might qualify for, should call the Department of Senior Affairs Senior Information Line at 505-764-6400. You can also visit: www.cabq.gov/seniors to learn more about senior citizen resources. Family and Community Services Suggests Structure for Kids at Home With public schools closed, and with many parents and kids social distancing, it's important to have structure and routine, especially in these uncertain times. Routines help provide a sense of security to kids, and can also be helpful to parents. Family and Community Services offers this sample daily schedule to families as a way of maintaining structure. The schedule can easily be adjusted to suit your family's needs. To see the graphic schedule and many other family resources, visit Family and Community Services on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/fcsabq Local and Up-to-Date Information on COVID-19 The City of Albuquerque's up-to-date website offers the latest information and many resources for residents and businesses at: www.cabq.gov/covid19. There is information on the latest City service closures, fact sheets about COVID-19 in many languages, volunteer opportunities, and other useful and valuable information. The page is updated regularly and as the situation develops, so check it regularly. Remember Those On The Front Lines Now and Be Kind!Please remember to be kind and polite to those hometown heroes that are working on the front lines right now - grocery store employees, warehouse stockers, delivery drivers, U.S. Postal workers, police officers and fire fighters, janitorial and custodial staff, restaurant workers, and doctors and nurses! They are all working long, tiring hours to keep the rest of us safe, so please be kind to them. Say please and thank you and remember that they are probably tired and scared, too. A little kindness goes a long way, particularly now. Support Local Restaurants During COVID-19 Public Health EmergencyMany small local restaurants continue to be severely and negatively impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) public health emergency, and residents can help by supporting them as much as possible during this time. There are many small ways we can help:Order takeout or delivery from a local restaurant and tip your delivery person extra well.Check with local restaurants to see if they are selling food stock,and consider purchasing groceries from them.When this public health crisis is over, support local businesses as much as possible in the coming months. They will need the help.To see a listing of Albuquerque restaurants that are providing takeout, curbside delivery and home delivery, visit:https://www.facebook.com/groups/763119104218215/  Don't Forget The 2020 Census!If you, like so many of us right now, are socially distancing ourselves during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) public health emergency, this is an excellent opportunity to take the 2020 Census! Resources for many projects and community services are directly tied to the Census, so it's important for every citizen to take the survey. You can take the Census survey online at: https://2020census.gov/en.html Ways To Help Our Shelter Pets Right NowMany residents have asked how they can help our shelter animals right now and Animal Welfare accepting donations! If you, like so many of us right now, are socially distancing at home, this is an excellent time to clean out closets and donate unused towels, blankets and sheets, and donate them. You can also donate online through Animal Welfare's Amazon Wishlist at: www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/5S9A193E58F0/ref=cm_sw_su_w. Items like Kongs, peanut butter, food, toys and crates are all very needed right now so if you can help with an online donation, please do so!   Office of Neighborhood Coordination (ONC)Website: www.cabq.gov/neighborhoodsE-mail: onc at cabq.govTelephone: (505) 768-3334Want to change how you receive these emails?You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.