[Neighbors] 10/11/2020 Worship Packet (for in-person outside, drive-in, & livestream)

Rev. Dr. Dawn Rosignol revdawn at montevista.org
Fri Oct 9 16:34:25 MDT 2020

Dearest Neighbors,

Our first in-person worship service on World Communion Sunday was such a
success that we’re doing it again! The weather forecast continues to show
another beautiful Fall morning, that during our worship time temps will be
in the 60’s with light winds out of the southwest and rains holding off
until later in the afternoon. We’ll again set up in the parking lot to be
in the safety of the open air, with physical-distanced seating, canopies
providing shaded areas, *face coverings required that cover both mouth and
nose*, hand sanitizer provided, and gloved/face-covered Deacons safely
distributing Communion elements to each worshiper.

*For the well-being of all in attendance, please maintain at least 6 feet
of physical distance from others and keep your masks on. Resist the desire
to shake hands, hug, or in any way be in close contact. *

Drive-in worship will continue to be an option, weather permitting.
Livestream worship will always be an option, as it has been for the past 2
years.

Attached is the worship packet for this Sunday, the first Sunday of this
year’s Stewardship Campaign entitled “Beloved, Love.” Scripture texts are:
1John 4:7-9 and Genesis 2:8-15. The sermon title is Love Creation. Over the
next several weeks of the campaign we’ll be exploring God’s call to
expansive love, beginning with Creation.

I continue to be grateful for our amazing worship leadership team! Joining
me this Sunday include: Steven Currin as Worship Leader, Michael Cooke &
Laurel Deming leading us in song, Wally Miller tending to the sound system,
Frank Shaffer doing livestream video, Lana Zoltowski accompanying on
keyboard, and Susan Page and Mark Pallardy singing a duet. If you choose to
remain at home, you can connect to the livestream service from the
VistaStream button at the top of our website montevista.org
<http://www.montevista.org/>. Below it is a link to the worship packet for
this Sunday. You can also access our VistaStream YouTube channel directly:
montevista.org/vistastream <http://www.montevista.org/vistastream>*.* You
can also go to our church Facebook page to watch the service via the
Facebook Live feature. Both are available to watch in *real time or later*.
For in-person worshipers, if possible please bring a copy of the worship
packet with you so we can maintain as little physical contact as possible.

For those remaining at home, remember to create your worship space, with
items that make it meaningful for you – such as a candle (of any kind),
your Communion elements, and whatever else invites you into a worshipful
presence with God. Consider sending me a picture of your worship space to
share with the congregation as examples of preparations for this time of
virtual worship.  For those at the church, please help us take pictures of
our gathering. Then send your pictures to me for inclusion on our Facebook
page and in the newsletter.

As the number of Covid cases continues to be alarmingly elevated again this
week, know that my prayer is for your health and safety, for all who are
suffering and at risk during this prolonged period of pandemic crisis,
societal strife, and racial injustice. I’m grateful for each of you, that
we are church together, and to be journeying alongside you in the
uncertainty of these difficult days. As always, I’m here for you and
available to you; so please reach out if you need anything. We have never
ceased to be the church, we have always been open, and we are learning to
be church in new ways in a new day. Your pastoral staff and elders are here
for you should you need to pray or talk, or simply need a connection or
errands run.

Be well. Be safe. Be healthy. Be connected. Wash those hands, wear those
face coverings, and observe physical distancing! We are church together, we
are in this together, and will get through this together!

Blessings of health & wholeness,

Rev. Dawn

Dawn Rosignol, DMin, MDiv, MTS *

*Senior Minister   *   pronouns: she/her/hers*

*Monte Vista Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)*

*(505) 268-3365   *   **revdawn at montevista.org*
 *montevista.org* <http://montevista.org/>
*   *   An Open & Affirming Congregation*
*Where Heart & Intellect Intersect with Christ*