[Neighbors] MVCC online children's activities

Rev. Dr. Dawn Rosignol revdawn at montevista.org
Tue Sep 1 18:00:02 MDT 2020

Dear Neighbors:

During this ongoing pandemic and the related challenging situations in
which many of us find ourselves, Monte Vista Christian Church (MVCC),
planted here in historic Nob Hill since 1931, is discerning ways to
continue being a faithful vital presence for our faith community, for our
neighbors, and for the larger community of Albuquerque and beyond. To
protect the health and wellbeing of all, we are continuing to refrain from
in-person gatherings.  We offer livestream worship, recently adding
drive-in to the worship options, have recently begun a virtual book study
that includes both lectures and discussion groups, and have now begun a
virtual children's Sunday School that includes biblical lessons, music, and
art activities for families to engage in together from the safety of your
homes.

What do you want for your child/children in their lives?

We're inviting you and your children on a journey through the Bible to see
and learn how these teachings are still relevant and vital to our everyday
lives in this day and age. The stories aren't rules to control us. Rather,
they're vehicles to a living and growing relationship with a loving and
nurturing God. Knowing God gives us guidelines to navigate the complexities
of living in this complicated world. Our faith gives us an anchor on which
to hold through the fears and challenges of our current times. God longs to
walk with us and show us the everlasting loving-kindness available to each
one of us.

What are your hopes and goals for your child/children?

Many families find that a vital piece of the puzzle is actively nurturing
both our children's and our own faith and spiritual development together.
That will be a primary focus in this program that we're offering online.
While we're not able to gather together in person for study or worship, we
can certainly be together virtually.  We offer ourselves to journey
alongside you and your families in partnership as you choose.

This program is geared toward 4 years through 5th grade.  You can go
through the study and related activities any time during the week. The
video introduction to each lesson provided by our children's education
chair, Ms. Lisa, is posted to the playlist on our VistaStream youtube
channel every Friday morning. You can find it here: Vista Virtual Sunday
School
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhjWBwLXCv71XoVPQL8it2A-lzEyE4mGh> You
can find each week's lesson activity packet for download here: Arts & the
Bible for K-5 <https://montevista.org/main.html?pgid=9&art_artcl_id=374>. There
is no monetary cost. If you don't have some of the supplies that are listed
in the lesson packets, we are happy to provide them for you.  One lesson is
already available, both in video lesson and downloadable packet.  The next
lesson will be available this Friday morning.  These lessons are provided
by Ms. Lisa, a retired APS music teacher, and Ms. Nancy, a retired APS art
teacher - faithful leaders at MVCC and very qualified teachers.

If you have any questions, feel free to either respond to this email or
email Ms. Lisa directly at education at montevista.org
<educator at montevista.org>. As your children grow, our prayer is that you
see the value of this time well-spent. We believe in sharing our faith,
both taught and lived, but not imposing our faith. We hope that you accept
this simply as an invitation and an open door for further discussions as
you choose.

You're also invited to visit us for our Sunday morning worship,
livestreamed at 10:30 am, that includes open inclusive Communion at our
VistaStream <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcA9njNY8kOPIli4LK5YAiQ>
youtube channel, either in real time or later. I invite you to read more
about MVCC on our website: montevista.org.

As the Senior Minister of MVCC, I welcome a conversation with you about our
faith community, about our denomination, about whatever you'd like to
discuss, including prayer concerns or needs that you may have. Know that I
keep you all in my prayers.  Be well.

Blessings,

Rev. Dawn

*Rev. Dr. Dawn Rosignol, DMin, MDiv, MTS - Senior Minister*

*pronouns: she/her/hers*

*Monte Vista Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)*

*3501 Campus Blvd. NE Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106 (505) 268-3365  *
revdawn at montevista.org  montevista.org <http://montevista.org/>  *  An Open
& Affirming Congregation Where Heart & Intellect Intersect with Christ*