[Neighbors] APD plans crime-fighting effort on East Central

Robert L Anderson citizen at comcast.net
Wed Aug 11 13:34:45 MDT 2021

Yes, Van, we need something like that and much more presence here than the diner outpost at the triangle.
One of the things that I have noticed is an "in our face” open criminal activity is the removal, or hiding, and distortion of license tags on vehicles.  Every day now when I go out I can pass numerous vehicles with no license tag by which a person could identify a vehicle involved in a crime.  Many of these vehicles have the mufflers and emissions control equipment removed too, replacing them with the loud ear piercing racing devices.  This goes on all over the city and it seems to me enforcement of the laws on the streets about this would help round up a large segment of the criminals who think our city is open to them.  It also induces crime in the middle class because people who do follow the law and register and display their vehicles and keep the emissions in operating order are pushed into thinking “Why should I be more lawful?” if these people can openly disregard our community so blatantly.  Just saying...
Bob