[Neighbors] FW: Project # PR-2021-005724, VA-2021-00284: Public House ABQ, LLC

Flora Silva silva_f65 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 09:26:12 MDT 2021

 In answer to your question, Stephen, no I would not want to have a liquor licensed establishment in a residential area directly across the street from my home with patrons 7 days a week and late into the evening. People have different sleep patterns. How about the health care professionals or first responders who may live in the area? Any consideration for them, especially with them having to deal with all the  COVID issues?
Years ago we had the booze n cruise crowd from bars on Central. And yes, people do linger and they are loud.  One night after a bar closed a couple cruised onto Arlote and Silver SE, made themselves comfortable on my neighbor's front lawn, stark naked and were having sex.  The establishment and others were closed.  This was years before ART and there was plenty of room on Central to cruise after hours but they still chose to cruise through residential areas.

Anyone consider the safety of children?  As I mentioned at both meetings, there were three schools from Copper and Washington to Monte Vista.  Now there are 4.  Another charter school was opened this week along the same route.  Kids walking to school, riding bicycles, skateboarding.  What if it was your child or grandchild living in the area near a liquor licensed establishment?
The trash issue is already a problem in NH on weekends.  Some businesses overload the trash bins on weekends and the trash is not picked up until Monday or Tuesday. It's a mess.

There are plenty of boarded up store fronts on Central available.  I hope the applicant will reconsider.
Flora NH Resident (49 yrs)