[Neighbors] Nob Hill too many dispensaries?

Craig S Wong CWong at salud.unm.edu
Mon Dec 6 15:20:57 MST 2021

Gary and neighbors,

Thanks for responding. I was asked for clarification.

Marijuana, pot, THC, CBD, and its other forms are used and abused like alcohol. Alcohol does have medicinal purposes in the hospital, but socially it is used differently. THC has some medicinal purposes, but not regulated as well as prescription drugs. It’s the wild west…

In my opinion, the stores selling THC, CBD, and other derivatives should have some community input similar to a liquor establishment or a store.

Also it would be nice for the neighborhood to have a variety of stores, restaurants. Recently the new establishments appear to be predominantly cbd dispensaries.

I appreciate the neighbors who have done the advocacy work for the problematic 7-11. I fear that substance abuse is evolving and taking on a different form.

Craig