[Neighbors] Pedestrian killed

Robert L Anderson citizen at comcast.net
Sun Dec 19 13:06:55 MST 2021

I see this a lot with my bedroom just a few feet from the curb at Coal/Richmond.
I have seen numerous crashes along here where the drivers get out and run away and are never caught.
One early morning recently I heard a crash, looked over my fence and saw a man who had run over the curb in his truck taking down two trees.  His truck was disabled and up on the sidewalk area.  He got out and hide some liquor bottles in the alley before the police arrived.  I told the police to look for the bottles but they were not interested, never looking.  Eventually they left, not bothering to test him or cite him. To the police it was like I was a problem for watching and trying to talk to them.
Bob