[Neighbors] Request for Liquor License, Little Bear Cafe/ Restaurant

vaneldredge vaneldredge at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 15:43:10 MST 2021

Appears to be an excellent opportunity for this local neighborhood business. This particular model has proven to be successful in other communities and I look forward to continuing to frequent this establishment. VanSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Gary Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> Date: 12/29/21  3:30 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: 'Nob Hill' <neighbors at nobhill-nm.com> Cc: 'Kyla Stoker' <kyla at newmexicoliquorlicense.com> Subject: [Neighbors] Request for Liquor License, Little Bear Cafe/ Restaurant Nob Hill Friends and Neighbors,                                                                                                                                Our association has received the attached application for Transfer of Location of Dispenser License at Little Bear café/restaurant. The CABQ Liquor Hearing Officer will hear the request on January 5 at 9 am. Comments can be accepted by donna at cabq.gov until 72 hours before the hearing. When your association learns of an application we contact the applicant to gather information. We pass this to our email list to gather neighborhood input. If neighbors express questions or concerns we seek further information. We invite you to reply to all if you have a position on this request. ·Operators of the business: Jacob and Isaac Fox who own Little Bear and formerly owned Nob Hill Bar and Grill-Contact information: Jacob Fox <jacob at nmcapitalpartners.com>·Current and recent operations with alcohol service and period of operation: Nob Hill Bar and Grill, 8/29 to 3/20-Food menu: We will continue to operate with a limited food menu throughout the day and in extended hours. We intend to extend the limited menu items to be conducive to evening/dinner menu. I think it’s important to state that this license would be supplementary and cohesive to our current operations as a coffee shop during the day. Our business model will remain the same with the addition of a craft cocktail menu throughout the day and into the evening.-Hours of operation: Our current plans are to stay open until 10 pm on weekdays and 11 pm on Friday and Saturday to stay in line with our business model.-Measures the applicant plans relative to security: We want this space to be a similar atmosphere to a coffee shop even in the evening when we will be serving alcohol. Part of our effort to keep negative activity from happening on our property is establishing a low-key relaxing atmosphere that the community can gather in. We are training all of our employees on how to de-escalate situations when needed, and we have the APD bicycle police contact information available at all times. All evening staff will be licensed alcohol servers and will be trained in safety measures for customers and the community. We have and continue to make investments in the Nob Hill community. I was on the Nob Hill Neighborhood Association Board for a time in 2019-2020 as part of my efforts to revitalize the community which I live in and frequent. This addition to my business will continue that effort.  Attached is a call summary from APD for the addresses. A tactical plan means officers working an area proactively to address concerns. Chief’s overtime is when a business, place of worship, HOA or NA hires off duty officers to work security.  At 5pm on Jan.2 NHNA will evaluate input received. When input is neutral or positive we generally don’t develop an association position.  If input suggests strong concerns or directors have strong concerns we will call a special board meeting to explore an association position. We will notify the email list of this special meeting and all are welcome. At that meeting the board generally considers the expected impact on community safety and quality of life and factors including but not limited to calls for police service at applicant's operations and security plans.  Hours of service and services offered are not generally part of the hearing officer’s consideration but may affect the association’s position. Locations near Residential Zone Districts (IDO 14-16-2-3) are problematic, particularly if affected neighbors oppose. Naturally, neighbor input is crucial.  We will notify the email list, the liquor hearing officer, and the applicant of the association’s action coming from such a special meeting.  All members of the community are free to contact the applicant and to provide written comments to the hearing officer or attend the CABQ hearing in a personal capacity. Kind regards,Gary EysterPresident, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association(505)991-1388meyster1 at me.com