[Neighbors] Nob Hill seeks your support on Lead and Coal Aves.

Melodie Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Mon Feb 8 10:28:38 MST 2021

Good morning, Antoinette and Gail.

Nob Hill and surrounding neighborhoods need your support for the Lead & Coal
Safety Upgrades Capital Outlay Request, LCS Project ID 1275.

Capital Outlay Request Amount: $250k

Total Project Cost: $350k

Funding Secured: $100k

State ICIP Project ID: 30957

LCS Project ID: 1275

Along with our sister associations, University Heights and Southeast
Heights, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association has long sought an answer to the
speeding, reckless driving, and high speed accidents on Lead & Coal Aves.
We've tried virtually everything but the situation is still horrible.

City Councilor Pat Davis has come up with an innovative idea to install
speed sensitive traffic signals known as rest in red signals that only turn
green when the approaching vehicle is traveling at or below the speed limit.
The project is in the study and design phase.

The capital outlay request of $250,000 would be combined with City funds of
$100,000 to implement this project, save lives, and enhance quality of life
for hundreds of families on the corridor.

We urge your support and we urge any neighbor who feels the same to reach
out as well.

Kind regards,

Gary Eyster

President, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association