[Neighbors] Request for Restaurant Liquor License, Mesa Provisions, 3120 Central Ave SE

Gary Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Thu Jul 15 16:58:22 MDT 2021

Nob Hill Friends and Neighbors,

Our association has received the attached application No. 1196524 for
Restaurant Beer and Wine Liquor License with on premise consumption only at
3120 Central Ave SE (next to Bistronomy B2B). The CABQ Alcohol Hearing
Officer will hear the request on August 3, 2021. Comments can be accepted by
<mailto:donna at cabq.gov> donna at cabq.gov until 72 hours before the hearing.

When your association learns of a liquor license application we contact the
applicant to gather information. We pass this to our email list to gather
neighborhood input. If neighbors express questions or concerns we seek
further information. We invite you to reply to all if you have a position on
this request.

.Operators of the business: Steve Riley who says, "The last place I worked
at  I was the Executive Chef at Farm & Table in Los Ranchos. I also won best
Chef Albuquerque in 2020 from Edible magazine."

-Contact information: info at mesaprovisions.com
<mailto:info at mesaprovisions.com> ; (310)782-4793

.Current and recent operations with alcohol service and period of operation:
This request is the only one.

-Food menu:

              Small Plates

Biscuits

Green Chile, Sharp Cheddar Red Chile Butter 7

Relish Plate

Assorted Prepared Veggies Pickles, Olives, Cheese Seed & Nut Crackers 13

Corn Fritters

Pickled Squash, Smoked Jalapeno Aioli 8

Tostada

Scallop Crudo, Radish, Tomatillo, Poblano Crema Salas Seco, Cilantro 13

Cup of Soup

Seasonally Inspired 8

Market Salad

lemon Dressing, Sunflower Seeds 8

                Large Plates

Steamed Clams

Spanish Chorizo, Tomato, Potato

Sherry Wine, Herbs 20

BBQ Beets

Charred Peach, Pecan Cilantro Salsa

Tahini, Potato Salad 20

Smoked Half Chicken

Red Chile, Pinto Beans, Cabbage Slaw

Pepita Crema, Duck Fat Flour Tortillas 23

Pork Tenderloin

Lemon Lavender Honey, Apricot Chard, Goat Cheese Ravioli 21

Hanger Steak

Charred Eggplant, Potato, Mushrooms, Salsa Macha 26

Fried Chicken Salad

Corn, Pecans, Radish, Greens Buttermilk Dressing 15

Mesa Burger

Green Chile, Caramelized Onion SharpCheddar, Marrownaise, Shoestring Fries
15

-Hours of operation: Wed-Sun 5 pm -9pm

.Measures the applicant plans relative to security: none are planned

We did not seek a call summary from APD for the address. This business is
new.

At 5 pm on July 23 NHNA will evaluate input received. When input is neutral
or positive we generally don't develop an association position.  If input
suggests strong concerns or directors have strong concerns we will call a
special board meeting to explore an association position. We will notify the
email list of this special meeting and all are welcome.

At that meeting the board generally considers the expected impact on
community safety and quality of life and factors including but not limited
to calls for police service at applicant's operations and security plans.

Hours of service and services offered are not generally part of the hearing
officer's consideration, but may affect the association's position.

Locations near Residential Zone Districts (IDO 14-16-2-3) are problematic,
particularly if affected neighbors oppose.

Naturally, neighbor input is crucial.

We will notify the email list, the liquor hearing officer, and the applicant
of the association's action coming from such a special meeting.

All members of the community are free to contact the applicant and to
provide written comments to the hearing officer or attend the CABQ hearing
in a personal capacity.

#VivaNobHill

Gary Eyster, President, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association