[Neighbors] Comment on Proposed Tap Room, Copper and Hermosa NE

Gary Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Sun Jul 25 17:23:13 MDT 2021

Forwarded for your information. GLE

Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 10:21 AM
To:  <mailto:theboard at nobhill-nm.com> theboard at nobhill-nm.com
Subject: proposed tap room at Copper and Hermosa

Good morning, Board members -

I'm writing to provide some feedback about the proposed taproom at the
corner of Copper and Hermosa.  I am an architect living in the 200 block of
Hermosa NE with my husband and baby.  We own our home and have been living
in the neighborhood for several years.  My husband and I are both supportive
of local businesses and would love to see the building on the corner in use,
but I do have some reservations about the proposed use and the initial
concept for the fit out.

I'll outline my main concerns below and follow with some suggestions for
potential mitigation strategies.  If the proposal were revised to address
the concerns, I would be more inclined to support the project.  If not, I
would be strongly opposed.

Concerns:

*	parking - parking is already a challenge when there are events on
Central like parades or festivals with visitors parking all down our street
and often in front of our driveway, making it difficult or sometimes
impossible for us to get in and out.
*	noise - my husband and I have a young baby and often work early, and
have concerns about excess noise from the tap room, especially from an
outdoor seating area.
*	access to Hermosa - an entry off Hermosa could encourage patrons to
park on Hermosa or walk to the tap room down Hermosa, creating extra traffic
and noise on our street.
*	proximity to a business that primarily serves alcohol - while the
majority of people visiting the tap room will be respectful of the
neighborhood, I have concerns about the handful of bad actors and how that
might impact our feeling of safety and comfort on our street.

Potential mitigation strategies:

*	parking - negotiate an agreement with the new veterinary clinic for
parking on their property; provide "Parking by Permit Only" signs on Hermosa
*	noise - close the taproom by 9:00 pm on weekdays and 10:00pm on
weekends; no patio or outdoor seating on Hermosa
*	access to Hermosa - no public entry off Hermosa; no outdoor seating
on Hermosa
*	proximity to a business that primarily serves alcohol - see hours
above; serve a full menu at the establishment

Please feel free to share the above with the planners for the project, and
thank you so much for taking the time to listen to our concerns!

Keri Stevenson

--

Keri L. Stevenson
 <mailto:kerilstevenson at gmail.com> kerilstevenson at gmail.com