[Neighbors] Concern for our neighborhood

Katya Adams petrokat at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 18:55:12 MDT 2021

Bob,

I fully agree with you. There is not much for kids to do in this community. Even the neighborhood schools have fully fenced off their playgrounds now, and even though I understand what motivated this action, it's not clear where the kids are supposed to go. When we think of vacant premises on Central, we as a neighborhood appear to be interested only in pursuing businesses. What if we started thinking in a different direction? Can we do something other than food and alcohol? (Retail is dying, so I am not even going to worry about it.) Does everything have to be for profit? Yes, I understand that those who lease are interested in making money. But can we at least start talking about communal interests that lie outside of business interests?

Katya