[Neighbors] Questionable person checking on property

kingkb kingkb at mail.swcp.com
Mon Jun 14 15:33:16 MDT 2021

Hi all,

Around 1:45 today, my dog went barking and, when I stepped
out, there was a young man outside my rental unit's door (I have a
duplex).

Maybe mid-20s, dark, collar length hair, brown eyes, thin,
dark maroon short-sleeved tee shirt, dark grey shorts, dark grey
backpack. No mask at the time, but did put one on later, when he was
walking away.

When I asked if he needed something, he said he wanted
to ask about the apartment (there was no sign outside and I took down my
listing on Craig's weeks ago, but maybe he had seen it there). I let him
know it had been rented - he asked "by who", I let him know that that
wasn't for me to share but that the apartment was not available.

He
seemed a little out of it, both in his slow-ish speech and his response
to my comment, nodding, looking around, taking out a Marlboro.

I went
back into my place to gather up some items to take next door, but when I
stepped out, I could see that he was still here, sitting in the shade,
doing something with his backpack. I went back inside my own unit
without saying anything, kept an eye out and, after a few more minutes,
he left. First heading toward Carlisle, then looking up Hermosa and
ultimately heading east on Marquette.

I tried 242cops, but there's no
getting through.

Not too many minutes ago, a great neighbor stopped by
to make sure I was alright. She let me know she had seen him (before I
did), told him that if he needed something he could ask the woman next
door. He said he was waiting to see me about the apt (we did not have
any contact prior to today). She kept an eye on him and noticed that he
also walked down the side of the unit (between houses) and then was
back, looking into the front windows and pulling a bit at the edges of
the windows. That was additionally concerning. She also agreed with me
that he seemed kind of "out of it".

She encouraged me to get the word
out (got me past being lazy!).

I am not on NextDoor, but if anyone
would like to copy/paste or summarize this concern, you are welcome to
spread the word.

Eyes "on" all :)

Karen