[Neighbors] Attempted heist

Robert L Anderson citizen at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 09:01:52 MDT 2021

Yesterday, Wed., March 17 about 3 pm, here at the corner of Coal and Richmond my wife had the garage door open while going in and out loading some St. Patrick’s Day items for friends in the car.  At one point she walked out and a young guy was just stepping around the hedge into our drive way alongside her car walking toward the garage.  Then she heard a loud whistle and the guy quickly turned away and ran off as she looked across the street from where the whistle came from.  There she saw another young man in a large, nice pickup truck stare at her and then speed away quickly.

The guy in the truck was apparently the lookout for the man walking toward the open garage.  They must have passed by earlier and noticed the garage door open and then set up the plan to have one walk in and the other be the watch out.

We take this to be a couple of guys patrolling the street looking for easy grab boxes or garage items.

Bob Anderson