[Neighbors] Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event

Robert L Anderson citizen at comcast.net
Tue Oct 26 20:56:35 MDT 2021

Thanks Gary for forwarding this information.

I have been urging the city to not promote this kind of event as a workable solution to keeping hazardous waste out of our environment.  Instead what the city needs to do is require that each outlet like Home Depot, Lowe’s, Target, Big Lots, etc that sells these products to also provide an on site waste collection system.  It is just not realistic that everyone who purchases these products knows and is able to follow though on a one day a year collection site far from their home.  This HW collection is just window dressing and hazardous to our health and well being.  Of course these sellers do not want to do this which is why it has to be required, like ending single use grocery bags.
I hope others will let city council and the mayor know this is not workable and we need a real hazardous waste collection system based on the point of sale.

Sincerely,
Bob Anderson