[Neighbors] Historic Lobo Theater - Lobo Lounge and Event Center; Request for Liquor License

Weiser Dan buddew7 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 19:54:26 MDT 2021

Sadly, I agree that ART was a scam project.  It hurt Central and Frontier opposed it as well and they knew what they were doing.  I still hope that someday former mayor Richard Barry gets a huge fine and jail time for ramming through a project just to create a legacy for himself.
I feel at least with the Roadrunner by former Governor Richardson it did not impact I-25 and did not affect traffic flow and hours can always be adjusted to meet the need.  It sort of seemed uneeded but at least it was not terrible like the ART project has been for Central.  Sadly, so many people drive like crazies now on Central that I used to just avoid bike riding on Central but now try to avoid driving on Central especially around UNM.  The University of New Mexico itself is fantastic.  It is just a some drivers who get super impatient on Central.  This past Sunday, I had a black suv swerve and it seemed like it would park but no it got behind me again.  Then I thought - being a former New Yorker and other stuff I have gone through "Let us see what this guy is made of so I slowed down to about 10 mph to see if he would rush around me.  He did not.  I then used my cell phone to pretend to call 911 but called 311 instead which is closed on Sunday but it did not matter.  He turned left on Carlisle and had a black and white raiders plate with a personalized plate that I then used my smart phone to take a picture of in case he is a problem in the future.  I no longer let weirdos push me around on Central but do not like to get aggressive unless I need to be and he knew I was one not to be trifled with - it is in our eyes.
Thanks.
Dan E. Weiser