[Neighbors] Gunfire last night

Mark Nelson r.mark.nelson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 21:10:37 MDT 2021

Hi Judy and all,

Yes, APD has a system to identify and locate shots fired. We unfortunately
don't know what parts of the city it is active for to prevent people from
shooting in those areas. We will follow up with APD to see if this was
addressed last night. Thank you!

Mark

Mark Nelson
Public Safety Committee Chairman
Nob Hill Neighborhood Association

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 7:38 PM Judith Rapping via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <
neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:

> Robert, thank you so much for posting this. I heard it myself (counted at
> least two dozen shots),and wondered if we would hear anything, from anyone,
> about this today.  Don't the police have some means of detecting shots
> now?  We need to be better informed, when we are living in a city where
> dozens of shots are fired in the middle of the night! This is NOT NORMAL!
>
> Judy Rapping
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 4:33 PM Robert L Anderson via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <
> neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know what happened about 3:30 am this morning (Thursday) as a
>> result of all that gunfire?  It sounded like to me it came from over on
>> Central and two different guns, about 30 so shots were fired.
>>
>> Bob

R. Mark Nelson, PharmD