[Neighbors] Application for Liquor License, 31 Brewing Co, Public House, 3619 Copper Ave. NE

Greg Weirs vgweirs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:14:23 MDT 2022

Neighbors,

Our Association received 17 expressions of support and 11 in opposition for
this request.

We will not hold a special meeting. As many of you recalled, the NHNA held
several meetings in the summer of 2021 on this project when considering a
Conditional Use Request for a Taproom/Tasting Room by the same applicant. A
number of issues and concerns were raised during that process, and the
applicant addressed many of them, as described in their letters to the NHNA
and as noted in the findings when the Conditional Use request was granted
by the Zoning Hearing Examiner. In the current discussion on the Liquor
License Request on this email list, we could not identify any issues or
concerns that had not been raised and discussed in the meetings for the
Conditional Use Request, so we do not think another meeting will be
productive.

For the same reason, the NHNA will not develop a statement of support or
opposition. However, we will send a letter to the Liquor Hearing Officer
describing the input we have received, as well as the conditions stipulated
in the ZHE’s notice of decision.

Hearings for liquor license requests are public, and anyone can submit
written comments or attend the hearing and voice their opposition to or
support for a specific request. This request will be heard by the CABQ
Liquor Hearing Officer on Tuesday, April 19th. Note that the deadline to
provide written input or your intention to speak at the hearing is 72 hours
before the hearing.

https://www.cabq.gov/council/liquor-hearings

The Board of Directors deeply appreciates the civil tone of the discussion
and the respect shown by all its participants. We all share the common goal
of wanting the best for our neighborhood and our neighbors, and that came
through in the discussion.

If you are interested in learning more about our Association’s work on this
topic, or any of the other activities our Association undertakes, why not
join one of our committees? Community Engagement and Communication,
Newsletter, Tree Canopy Restoration, Public Safety and Quality of Life,
Historic Preservation, and Urban Planning are all looking for more
participation and support. We’d love to have you!

Greg Weirs
NHNA Board of Directors