[Neighbors] Cannabis retail conditional use request

jana quintero dukecityherbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 06:06:06 MDT 2022

FEEDBACK ON MEETING 8-8-22 AND CONTINUANCE OF THOSE IN FAVOR

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PERSONAL COMMENTS AND WOULD LIKE TO
STATE SOME FACTS FROM THE MEETING Two NIGHTS ago 8-8-2022. I DON'T BELIEVE
ENOUGH TIME WAS GIVEN FOR A RESCHEDULED MEETING TO BE HELD FOR SUPPORTERS
TO SHOW AND VOTE. ALSO THE EMAIL THREAD SHOWS
WE HAVE THE SUPPORT OF 17 ASSOCIATION MEMBERS plus my supporters, FROM THE
ASSOCIATION EMAIL THREAD THAT WAS SENT OUT FROM YOUR CHAIR PRESIDENT
HOWEVER, WITH ONLY 6 MEMBERS NOT IN FAVOR SHOWED UP AT THE MEETING AND
THESE ARE THE SAME MEMBERS SHOWING CONCERNS ON THIS EMAIL THREAD DOUBLE
COUNTED, IT SEEMS YOUR ASSOCIATION HAS COME TO THE AGREEMENT TO NOT
SUPPORT., WITHOUT CONSIDERING ALL THE 17 SUPPORTERS AND PLUS THE FEW THAT
DID SHOW support for my shop, AT THE MEETING. TWO NIGHTS AGO., ALL CONCERNS
OF THE COMMUNITY WERE HEARD AND THOSE IN SUPPORT IN THIS THREAD SHOULD ALSO
BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT IF YOU WEREN'T ABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING. I AM
ASKING FOR THAT RECONSIDERATION. VOTES INCLUDING MY SUPPORTERS DUE TO THE
RESCHEDULING ISSUES.

MOST CONCERNS WERE
THE IDO - 600 FT - CLUSTERS
THE ISSUE WITH INTOXICATED PERSONS / MINORS

OUR RESPONSE: WE DO NOT ADD CLUSTER OR ADDING A NEW CANNABIS STORE, WE ARE
AN EXISTING BUSINESS SO THERE ARE NO NEW CLUSTERS OR NEW POT SHOPS
WE SELL HERBS ADDING CANNABIS PRODUCTS.
INTOXICATED PERSONS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTIVITIES IN PUBLIC
SO AS A RESPONSIBLE RETAILER WE SELL TOO OVER 21 YEARS OF AGE, WE DO NOT
SELL TO MINORS AND WE ARE NOT A LOUNGE FOR CONSUMPTION

THESE WERE THE ONLY CONCERNS I HEARD FROM EVERY UN-SUPPORTERS.

On a personal note: To me the point of the community meeting is to help you
understand your community members. if we would have known you were going to
vote we would have prepared our customers from the area to come to this
meeting.
So FROM A BUSINESS POINT, these meetings DO NOT HELP YOUR COMMUNITY. I
don't believe community members should have any say in business matters if
they don't understand how a business works. And, TO go by personal feelings
ALL COMMENTS FROM YOU SAYING (NOTHING PERSONAL)
But you're wrong it is personal, when you are dealing with your community
members and their livelihood.
So I would like to add YES it is personal AND PERSONAL ABOUT MY (PERSONAL
journeys) IF I WILL ADD while im up at 3am writing this email it is also
personal/business, I have worked year's working on my personal adventures
and its these unfair outcomes that harm others personally, ESPECIALLY When
you are putting OTHERS LIVES INTO THOSE HANDS THAT ARE GOING BY PERSONAL
AND NOT BUSINESS MINDED, Business is Personal it's how we earn a living.

ONCE AGAIN, 6 UNSUPPORTIVE MEMBERS FROM THE SAME EMAIL THREAD SHOWED NO
SUPPORT AT THE RESCHEDULED MEETING 8-8-2022, VERSUS THE 17 ON YOUR SAME
EMAIL THREAD plus my customer support in the surrounding areas. I have a
list of customers that COULD HAVE BEEN ASKED to join THIS MEETING, My
concern is HOW THE DECISION WAS TO NOT SUPPORT. I DO NOT FEEL THIS WAS
HANDLED CORRECTLY AND WOULD LIKE CLARIFICATION AND RECONSIDERATION. THIS
BEING SO, I HAVE SENT OUT A EMAIL TO THE SUPPORTIVE MEMBERS and YOUR CHAIR
PRESIDENT the same night of the meeting and SEEKING Answers, also seeking a
SHORT NOTE TO RECOMMEND AND SUPPORT FROM THESE MEMBERS, AS THE OVERALL 17
SUPPORTERS plus my supporters I might add should take account for community
members vs. 6 and any others ON THIS THREAD NOT ABLE TO ATTEND. I BELIEVE
THE SUPPORTERS OUTWEIGHS THE OUTCOME OF YOUR DECISION.
THIS EMAIL THREAD SHOWS MORE SUPPORT AND PLUS SURROUNDING CUSTOMERS, THAN
THE MEMBERS THAT ATTENDED AND THE BOARD SHOULD ENABLE TO RECONSIDER THE
RULING OF THE LETTER OF NO SUPPORT AND SHOW THE OUTCOME OF HOW MANY SUPPORT
VS UNSUPPORTED. AND THE CORRECT NUMBERS.

THANK YOU, WE WILL BE SHARING THIS THREAD TO THOSE CONCERNING YOUR
ASSOCIATION AND HOW YOUR DECISIONS AFFECT OUR COMMUNITY.

Jana Quintero
Duke City Herbs

Thanks again,

Jana Quintero