[Neighbors] Cannabis retail conditional use request

fgreen38 fgreen38 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 11:07:27 MDT 2022

Thank you and the Board for allowing the  presention of all sides.  We still do not support.Fred and Karen Green Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Greg Weirs via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> Date: 8/11/22  9:15 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: neighbors <neighbors at nobhill-nm.com> Cc: jana quintero <dukecityherbs at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [Neighbors] Cannabis retail conditional use request As described in the initial post, the decision to approve or deny the conditional use is made by the City of Albuquerque's Zoning Hearing Examiner (ZHE). The Nob Hill Neighborhood Association gives input to the ZHE. To form that opinion we asked for your views on this neighbors list and at our regular Board meeting on Monday, and we thank everyone that have participated in this process.  Our review of the responses on the email list was that there was support for the request, but more opposition. That was also the opinion at the Board meeting, with many of the participants in the email discussion attending. Consequently, the Board of Directors voted to oppose the request, and this has been sent to the ZHE. The ZHE also accepts public comments, and yesterday's discussion on the neighbors list was about how to do that.I suppose the NHNA could just direct people to the ZHE to state their opinions. But the ZHE provides minimal information about the requests, no contact with the applicant, and there is only a week between the release of the agenda to the public and the deadline for written input.  For requests within their boundaries, Neighborhood Associations are informed earlier and may meet with the applicant to try to find a resolution to any issues before the ZHE hearing.GregOn Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 7:42 AM Scott Snyder <scottmsnyder528 at gmail.com> wrote:I'm confused. I thought this matter was already put to bed? Request for input was sent, those that wanted to, gave input, done. Then there was a meeting where the few that showed were opposed and the request was denied. Now there's a request for written input to the ZHE. Do they not get the results of the replies to the original email? If no, what's the point? We could just skip the back and forth and you could just say hey, if you have opinion, here's the place to submit it. On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 10:59 AM Greg Weirs via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:The ZHE accepts public input for their decision. For this request, today is the deadline for written input. The hearing is on August 16th, and verbal public input is accepted at that time. See the agenda at the link below for more information:https://www.cabq.gov/planning/boards-commissions/zoning-hearing-examiner/zhe-agendas-action-sheets-decisionsGreg WeirsOn Sat, Aug 6, 2022 at 12:13 PM Greg Weirs <vgweirs at gmail.com> wrote:Neighbors,Thank you for all your thoughtful input.Please note that the NHNA Board meeting is at 6:30 pm on Monday, August 8th, at Monte Vista Christian Church. Earlier it was planned for August 10th, but was rescheduled.Thanks,Greg On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 9:13 AM Greg Weirs <vgweirs at gmail.com> wrote:Neighbors,The Board of the NHNA will soon be reviewing a request for a conditional use to allow for cannabis retail within 600ft of another cannabis retail location. Because cannabis retail has only recently been legalized by the state, the NHNA has not heard neighbors' opinions on this topic and does not have a policy for cases like these. We would like neighborhood input. In particular, we would like to understand the neighborhood's views on the density of cannabis retail locations along Central, from Girard to Washington.Here are some details about this case and the process.From the ZHE, the details of the request are:VA-2022-00155 Project# PR-2019- 002179 Jana Quintero requests a conditional use to allow for cannabis retail within 600 ft of another cannabis retail location for Lot 6, Block 8, Mesa Grande Addn, located at 4012 Central Ave SE, zoned MX-M [Section 14-16-4- 3(D)(35)(c)]A facilitated meeting with the applicant was held on July 18th, and the meeting report is attached. As part of the meeting, the NHNA proposed the applicant could have an open house so people could understand the business. The applicant has responded by offering a shop tour on August 5th.As a reminder, the NHNA has no legal authority to approve or deny a conditional use; that is the role of the Zoning Hearing Examiner (ZHE). However, the NHNA does provide input on all ZHE requests that fall within the NHNA's boundaries. The applicant will present their request at the regular meeting of the NHNA Board of Directors on August 10th.You can send feedback by replying to this thread, emailing the Board directly at theboard at nobhill-nm.com, or in person at the NHNA Board meeting on August 10th.Greg WeirsNHNA Urban Planning Committee-- Greg Weirs505 515 6334 (M)505 265 9995 (H)vgweirs at gmail.com
-- Greg Weirs505 515 6334 (M)505 265 9995 (H)vgweirs at gmail.com
-- Greg Weirs505 515 6334 (M)505 265 9995 (H)vgweirs at gmail.com
-- Greg Weirs505 515 6334 (M)505 265 9995 (H)vgweirs at gmail.com

-- Greg Weirs505 515 6334 (M)505 265 9995 (H)vgweirs at gmail.com