[Neighbors] FW: The Luminaria Event 2022 - Please Read!

Gary Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Wed Dec 21 10:52:26 MST 2022

From: John Pate [mailto:JPate at molzencorbin.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 9:36 AM
To: John Pate <JPate at molzencorbin.com>
Subject: The Luminaria Event 2022 - Please Read!

Greetings and Felicitations of the Season from the Southeast Heights
Neighborhood Association.

The holiday season is once again upon us.  The Board of the Southeast
Heights Neighborhood Association is continuing the tradition of our
spectacular luminaria show this year.  It is a tradition that predates my
years on the board and we hope to continue far into the future.  The
pandemic has had a negative affect on everyone this year and as we try to
climb out of this pit we've been in we would like to get back to the joy and
wonder the holidays bring and restore the twinkle in our eyes.

I want to thank all of you that donated to the luminaria fund this year.
You're the best.  However, like everything, prices have gone up.  We are
still about $500 short of paying for the 217 dozen (2,604 Luminarias) that
we have acquired and will be set out on Christmas Eve and picked up on
December 26th.  We on the Board will personally make up the difference this
year but I am writing today to ask if you can see it in your heart to send a
few dollars to SEHNA to help with this yearly expense. Everyone who comes to
the neighborhood on December 24 will be grateful and delighted with the
magic of the evening.  Please send donations of whatever size to:

Southeast Heights Neighborhood Association

P. O. Box 8711

Albuquerque, NM 87198

Now, as a refresher regarding what to do on Christmas Eve:  Every year on
Christmas Eve, the Southeast Heights neighborhood public spaces and main
streets are lit with beautiful luminarias. It is a wonderful evening for
walking the neighborhood, seeing friends and enjoying the holiday.

Residents on Ridgecrest Drive and Carlisle light luminarias in their yards
and the medians in front of their homes. This year Boy Scouts will place
luminarias in public parks and the medians in front of the parks, and noses
of the medians.  We are seeking volunteers to light the candles on Christmas
Eve. Lighting the candles is the responsibility of the neighborhood.  Please
light candles you see are not lit on Christmas Eve.  Also, volunteers will
be at the parks and along the medians to light candles.  Please join the
volunteers.  It is fun, rewarding, and you get to meet and see your
neighbors.  We are looking forward to seeing everyone and their pets
strolling the Neighborhood on Christmas Eve.

Everyone else is encouraged to set up luminarias, and several streets
throughout the neighborhood do a great job of this.

Bags that SEHNA placed will be cleared away, typically by December 26.  Any
bags you set out, please clear for yourselves.

Thank you and wishing good fortune, health, and happiness this holiday
season.

For the Southeast Heights Neighborhood Association

John Quinn Pate, President