[Neighbors] FW: NM Philharmonic Concert Friday

Gary Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Wed Feb 9 11:14:18 MST 2022

Forwarding on behalf of Nob Hilleña Ginger who plays in NM Phil.

Kind regards, Gary

Hi Gary,

I thought folks might be interested in this.  Thanks for sharing it.

Ginger

NMPhil Coffee Concerts

The NMPhil introduces a brand-new Friday morning concert series! Whether you don’t work on Fridays, are retired, or are simply taking the day off—our new Coffee Concerts will get your weekend off to a great start. And, yes, there will be free coffee!

Friday, February 11, 2022, 10:45 a.m.

 <https://nmphil.org/people/steven-smith/>

 <https://nmphil.org/people/steven-smith/> Steven Smith conductor

Black French Caribbean-born swordsman, composer, conductor, and violin virtuoso Joseph Bologne—aka the Chevalier de Saint-Georges—commissioned, conducted, and premiered Joseph Haydn’s Paris symphonies in the 1700s with his Le Concert Olympique orchestra. The first of these—Haydn’s festive, brilliant Symphony No. 82, “the Bear”—begins this performance. Saint-Georges’s own remarkable Symphony No. 1 in G follows, along with Walker’s lush Lyric for Strings and Kodály’s Hungarian-flavored Dances of Galánta.

Immanuel Presbyterian Church
114 Carlisle Blvd SE / Albuquerque, NM 87106

Tickets will be available at the door.  Masks and proof of vaccination required.

Come see our neighbor Ginger Lawrence in the viola section!