[Neighbors] Liquor License Application, Mission Winery, 122 Wellesley SE

Gary Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Thu May 19 12:11:52 MDT 2022

Nob Hill Friends and Neighbors,

Our association has received the attached application 1223547 for Winegrower
Liquor License for 1629, LLC DBA Mission Winery, 122 Wellesley SE.

When your association learns of an application we contact the applicant to
gather information. We pass this to our email list to gather neighborhood
input. If neighbors express questions or concerns we seek further
information. We invite you to reply to all if you have a position on this
request. Tasting Room is a permissive use in the site's MX-M zoning.

.Operators of the business: Jessica Beecher

-Contact information: jessbecher at gmail.com <mailto:jessbecher at gmail.com> ,
(505)401-9633

.Current and recent operations with alcohol service and period of operation:
Central Bodega at 3418 Central Ave SE, not open yet

-Food menu: We will have a tasting room at some point and hope to bring a
food truck.

-Hours of operation: The tasting room hours once open will be W-F 4-10, Sat
11-10 and Sun 10-7

.Measures the applicant plans relative to security: not provided

Since there are no existing alcohol operations we don't have any call
summaries from APD.

The CABQ Liquor Hearing Officer will hear the request on May 31. At 5 pm on
May 25 NHNA will evaluate input received. Naturally, neighbor input is
crucial. When input is neutral or positive we generally don't develop an
association position which results in approval by the Hearing Officer.  If
input suggests strong public concerns or directors have strong concerns we
will express these to the hearing officer and possibly call a special
meeting.

Areas of concern would generally form around expected impact on community
safety and quality of life and factors including but not limited to calls
for police service at applicant's operations and security plans.

Hours of service and services offered are not generally part of the hearing
officer's consideration, but may affect the association's position.

Locations near Residential Zone Districts (IDO 14-16-2-3) can be
problematic, particularly if affected neighbors oppose.

We will notify the email list, the liquor hearing officer, and the applicant
of the association's action.

All members of the community are welcome to provide written comments to the
hearing officer or attend the CABQ hearing in a personal capacity.

Kind regards,

Gary Eyster

President, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association

(505)991-1388

meyster1 at me.com <mailto:meyster1 at me.com>

www.nobhill-nm.com