[Neighbors] Property at Silver and Wellesley

eachestnut at swcp.com eachestnut at swcp.com
Thu Nov 17 12:37:11 MST 2022

Dear ALL: this is from Elizabeth Chestnut who actually attended via Zoom the first meeting on line with the group working with the Developer.

There are 40 high end rental units for working professionals being planned. Most are single studio spaces with perhaps a couple of 2 BR units.

The car thing: that is the crux of the issues: congestion, already a problem is still (to my mind) unresolved. The Wellesley block is single family homes: this is

a high rise, albeit, recessed upper stories plan, supposed to be Pueblo like in feeling, landscaped by (according the Developer) the “best” of

Albuquerque landscapers.  If you live on either Wellesley or Tulane, you ought to be focused on the preliminary discussions.  The City will

tear down the Historic units on the property: they are not in good condition, so I was told. I lived through the 15 or more year saga of the

De Anza, so I am not particularly sanguine about what is the normative way the City deals with old structures – let them decay until they

HAVE to be torn down.  SO: development WILL happen.  If  you are concerned, attend the City Hearings, talk with the Developer – the

group is from Southern California.  The design is being done by the very respected, reputable, local Design Group.  GOOD LUCK and PATIENCE.

Be sure to share you “concerns”, be articulate and informed and keep focused on getting closer to what you want, not just on what the

City or the Planning Department wants/thinks is “right”.  I don’ t live on either street, am less directly affected by another proposed high rise,

But am still concerned with traffic congestion, high auto usage, already problematic on a small scale business commercial street, Silver.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, Elizabeth Chestnut