[Neighbors] Signal timing messed up on Coal now?

Ben Garland ben at bengarland.com
Wed Apr 12 13:43:25 MDT 2023

I was driving eastbound on Coal today around 1pm from downtown, starting with a green light at Spruce. Despite normal acceleration and going 29 mph, the light did not turn green at Yale until about 5 seconds after I stopped. Then I was stopped again at Girard and it did not turn green until I had been waiting for 8 seconds. During both stops, there was traffic flowing on the cross street, so it did not seem to be a direct effect of the RIR lights (I'm not even sure if these two intersections are the ones where RIR was installed?) I've never had this happen before, and I did not experience the same issues when driving on Lead into downtown this morning.

Has anyone else noticed the timing isn't right on Coal? Did they mess it up when installing the RIR?

Thanks!
Ben