[Neighbors] Unreadable street signs

Taylor Maddux ftm3999 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 17:19:14 MDT 2023

Dear Fellow Nob Hillenos:

I write today about several street signs that are covered in some sort of
brownish-looking muck.  I don't remember all the names, but I imagine most
of you have seen them.  Tulane,
Aliso, Mornsingside are three of them.  They are on the south-east side at
the intersection of Coal.  Not only must they make it difficult for people
who are looking for these street names, but they're an out-and-out eye sore.

If I may virtue-signal a bit, I've written to the city, to the editor of
the Albuquerque Journal, and to Mayor Keller.  Not hearing back from
them...absolute *crickets," in fact...I called 311...twice.  The latest I
was told was that someone had been "dispatched" to the "sites" and that the
city would replace the signs, but no time line was given.

In light of the above, may I urge everyone to call 311 and to keep making
the same request; namely either to get the signs cleaned or to replace
them?  That they've remained in this condition for as long as they have is
both an embarrassment as well as a hazard, not to mention that they ever
got into this condition in the first place.

I realize that I'm probably not the first person to bring this up...at
least, I hope I"m not...and if anybody else has any ideas, please suggest
them.  Would this be appropriate, for example, to bring up to the city
council?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Taylor Maddux (Nob Hill residence since May 2023)