[Neighbors] Serious public safety issue needs action; 540 Hermosa Dr NE

kingkb kingkb at mail.swcp.com
Mon Oct 30 11:29:52 MDT 2023

Spencer,

First a huge THANK YOU for letting us all know where the shots we've
heard were located! Two incidents back, several of  us were talking and
we all heard something different (sounds bounce off of things). Now we
can report with more accuracy ~ at least with "most likely coming from".

I called APD near that time and learned (I believe I have this correct)
that our neighborhood is not covered by shot detection because we are
not a high crime area. More calls might help with getting that, City
Council was suggested. FYI, shot detection identifies location ~ we
still need to call (fireworks also get detected) and it does not lead to
an immediate response. It does, however, bring officers to, as is
happening with this, collect casings, which can help tie firearms to
crimes.

We also had a big safety issue at a property on Solano (was it last
year?) involving drugs and with shots fired (this is what I was told, I
was directly aware of suspicious vehicles). Can those who were involved
in getting that issue resolved please weigh in with what course of
action was helpful? I know we had more police presence for a period of
time, observing the property. I believe the fix ultimately came down to
issues with property repairs and the owner finally choosing to sell
(with excellent results! Great new neighbor:) Those who know more or
better, please check me for accuracy.

Again, Spencer, I cant thank you enough for clarifying what is going on.

I hope to see more email on this soon, especially regarding what we can
do to get this moving in a good direction.

Karen King in the 300 block of Hermosa