[Neighbors] League of Women Voters housing / homelessness information

Mary H Smith maryhenrie at msn.com
Sat Feb 3 18:57:57 MST 2024

I share with my neighbors a League of Women Voters of Central New Mexico resource that may help folks understand more about the current state of housing and homelessness in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County.

The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization whose mission is to encourage informed and active participation in government and to influence public policy through education and advocacy. The League is committed to voter education that allows people to form their own opinions based on factual information, thus becoming and remaining informed and engaged voters.

As part of our educational efforts, the LWVCNM hosts monthly meetings featuring speakers of a wide variety of backgrounds. In January, we offered the first of two monthly meetings focused on Affordable Housing / Homelessness and Regional Plans to Address the Issue. The recording of that presentation by Amanda Coburn (sp.?), deputy director of the Bernalillo County Housing Department, is posted on the LWVCNM YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvH8FXD3IF8.

The recording of the second presentation: A Place to Call Home When You Don't Have One, Can't Afford One, or Can't Find One, by Joseph Montoya, Deputy Director of Housing for One Albuquerque, will be posted to the LWVCNM website (https://www.lwvcnm.org/for-members/) after the February 8 monthly educational meeting.

Because the Nob Hill Neighborhood Association is an all-volunteer organization, I respectfully suggest that anyone who wants to report issues related to housing or the unhoused in our neighborhood follow the adage "if you see something, say something."

Mary