[Neighbors] Special Members Meeting Recap (1/23/24)

Daniel Carlos danielc87106 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 07:41:20 MST 2024

“Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much” – Helen Keller.

On behalf of the NHNA Board, I want to thank everyone that came out to
lastTuesdays evening meeting. It was so great to see such an amazing
turnout and participation.

For those of you who could not attend, here is a brief recap:

We amended and passed our new by laws which was only possible with our long
time Board Member Greg Weirs. Thank you Greg!

The bulk of the meeting was our guest speaker for Neighborhood Public
Safety.

Laura Kuehn is in charge of Community Outreach, Crime Prevention/Crime Free
Programs for APD and gave us all great insight and resources available to
us.

We also heard from Darryl Deloach who runs the Nob Hill Echo Program. This
Program is designed to facilitate communication between the neighbors and
community, APD and other City resources. Echo hosts a live Zoom meeting
once a month and is always looking for topics to address that concern our
neighborhood.

Lastly, Commander Ray Del Greco spoke and answered questions. The
Commander, who was recently given that official title, is in charge of the
new University Area Command. This Area Command was carved out a year ago as
a way to provide more localized resources and is largely focused on our Nob
Hill Community. The Commander in my opinion has and feels a personal
responsibility to the people in our Nob Hill Neighborhood. He discussed a
wide range of topics and took time to answer all questions.

We look forward to more engagement with the Commander, his officers and all
the other resources we have for Public Safety.

Below is the contact information for our guest speakers. They are open and
willing to speak with our Community.

Best,
Daniel Carlos

Laura Kuehn, NCPS, ICPS